PFPX stopped functioning

I have PFPX  v1.28.8 installed, my subscription expired sometime ago but I have still been using it for flight planning. About a week ago PFPX stopped working and wouldn't allow me to progress past the destination alternatives, in the flight planning menu. It allows me to enter the Departure/Destination airports, my aircraft type and calculates the alternate destination - this is where it stops, I cannot progress past this operation. PFPX no longer calulates the route(as it did before). I have tried entering domestic/international routes with different aircraft but PFPX wont calculate the route. The image shows at what point PFPX stops and wont allow further input to complete the plan.

Can anyone offer a fix please.

Please login to display this image.

steve s

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Steve,

there is one alternate route PFPX doesn't like. It's the last one with the just the direct. Remove it from the list and everything will be fine.

Tom,

I deleted the unacceptable route - hit the find destination alternative route button and the same route I deleted returns, I seem to be in an endless loop whereby PFPX wont allow be to progress to the next stage.

steve

PFPX cannot compute a route to that particular alternate hence DCT.

Either plan your own or simply delete the suggested alternate airport as already suggested by Tom.

• Deputy Sheriffs

If the "Find Destination Alternates" button is not getting updated to "Find Route" after you delete the DCT alternate you can always hit the "Find" button right above in the "Route" area of the toolbar.

Please login to display this image.

20 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

If the "Find Destination Alternates" button is not getting updated to "Find Route" after you delete the DCT alternate you can always hit the "Find" button right above in the "Route" area of the toolbar.

Tom...many thanks, it seems to be running OK now I've done several varied flight plans using different aircraft - all Good

Steve:D

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived