Question on Some Manual Topics

bonesvf103

I've been flying around with this add-on and doing a cold and dark startup and using the shift-2 checklist to walk through each step.  I've read through the manual but am confused as to what it is trying to say on page 4 for some of the controls.  For instance, in the Sweep Input Override section at the bottom, what is meant by "Concorde Nose Visor (0), (1), (2), and (3)?  Then in the section below that is "Concorde Nose Visor (FSX Key Event Interaction)--what is that for?  What is Concorde Nose set to 0, -1, +1, and 3 mean?  Then it says "unassigned" afterwards?

I'm trying to bind keystrokes to the wing sweep so I don't have to use the virtual cockpit (I assume that is what VC means) or the 2D cockpit hat switch on the throttle, and so that I can map it to my Saitek X-55 throttle buttons.

Also, I see in the shift 2 menu if you go to the controls tab there is manual manuever flaps and I understand it to mean that you hit floats (retract) and the manual maneuver flaps retract.  But what do you hit/assign to get them to extend?  I can't get past the checklist step for lowering maneuver flaps because I can't figure out what the keystroke or command is.  I also noticed that I mapped the DLC key to the stick but if I hit floats(retract), which is to retract maneuver flaps, the DLC button on the VC stick pops back out.  Normal?

I guess I don't understand what the controls tab is telling me oon the shift-2 menu. 

For example:

"Manual Maneuver Flaps" 

• Floats (retract)
    • (Ret) Auto Intercept

What does that mean?  I wish this was explained better in the manual.

Please advise.

v6,

boNes

The short answer is this aircraft like many uses .xml programming to simulate certain things that are not necessarily native to FSX such a true swing wings ect.... and these non-native things are mapped to other functions such as swing wings are mapped to propeller control... we all know the F-14 doesn't have a prop but it was an available function for simulating the other purpose (the swing wings) that being stated many things that are non-native to FSX are .xml programmed and mapped to other things... for example the auto-modes of the swing wings are mapped to the Concorde nose visor which is native to the FS environment as a result of the Concorde being included in a previous base version of FS; 2002 as I believe it was... That being stated this is just telling you how you can set your own keyboard short cuts for these functions via the FSX menu > settings > controls > buttons / keys in order to make these new .xml functions work best for you...

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

Thanks for your reply.  I can understand that you replace things like Concorde nose with wing sweep override...you basically replace the native FSX function with the F-14X one.

But what i don't understand is the notation in the manual.  What does the (0) in "Concorde Nose Visor (0)" mean and so on?  Or what does it mean in the shift-2 controls tab menu when it says

"Manual Maneuver Flaps" 

• Floats (retract)
    • (Ret) Auto Intercept

Does it mean Floats (retract) is manual maneuver flaps nut if you hit floats (retract) again, it becomes Auto Intercept?  What they are trying to say in the manual and in the checklist just doesn't make sense to me.

v6,

boNes

Archived