PNR airport and PNR hold

Hi to all,

In the Alternate Planning section we (I guess since the last version update?) find an option to enter "PNR airport" and "PNR hold". I guess that these deal with the point of no return from the last enroute alternate to the final destination but I'm not exactly sure. If the last alternate is not exactly on the flight track then as I far as I know an exact calculation of the PNR is quite difficult. In any case you would expect a flight planning tool to AUTOMATICALLY do this calculation for you, because this is why you use a flight planning tool after all, right? So why does PFPX not suggest suitable airports and fixes for PNR airport and hold as it does for example for the redispatch airports? How should I find reasonable airports and fixes on my own without doing messy calculations? Any help appreciated.

draci 

Archived