Routing logic: PFPX v Simbrief

Hi all

I am keen for opinions and insights about the routing logic used in PFPX.

I have recently started to use Simbrief, and it seems to me that Simbrief automatically takes into account real world NOTAMs when deciding on routing.  A classic example is when planning from OMDB to EGLL or vise versa.   When I use PFPX, very often PFPX will route me straight through Iraq and Syria.  As we know, those FIR's are 'no fly zones' for regular commercial traffic.  

Planning the same flight using Simbrief correctly routes me around those countries - which leads me to believe that the rules/real world restrictions are much more prevalent in the Simbrief logic than PFPX.

Any commentaries in relation to this?

Thanks

erich

Are you using simbrief to generate a route ( BETA ) or use the stored plans submitted by others ?

Simbrief route  retrieval:

The Route section lets you input your desired route and provides various resources to help you. If the city pair you enter has already been flown by another user, the route box may get auto-filled as you type in your departure and arrival airports. You are in no way obligated to use this route and may modify/erase it to suit your needs.

For added convenience, A list of the 5 most recent routes used by SimBrief users for this city pair is provided on the right. Simply click on one of the routes to copy it into your route box. In addition, a collection of quick links to popular flight planning websites is provided above the route box. Pilots are encouraged to use these links to significantly speed up their search for a route.

Once you have entered your route, you can check its validity against your currently selected AIRAC cycle by using the "Analyze Route" button. The system will parse your route and report any unrecognized airways or fixes. Once complete, it will also portray the route as it interprets it on the "Interactive Route Preview" map. This function makes it easy to visually inspect your route to ensure the system reads it correctly.

As far as I know Simbrief only has a stored database of flightplans previously used by others from which it takes its routes.

That's why you often get routes that lead around closed airspaces, others used those routes earlier already.

26 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

As far as I know Simbrief only has a stored database of flightplans previously used by others from which it takes its routes.

That's why you often get routes that lead around closed airspaces, others used those routes earlier already.

Okay, I didn't know that.  Thanks  

45 minutes ago, srcooke said:

Are you using simbrief to generate a route ( BETA ) or use the stored plans submitted by others ?

I believe I've used the routes previously created by others, and not the beta route generation function.  I'll check that this eve.

thanks

Archived