Manchester - Terrible Frames, no quality control

calzoom

I have to say, this is the first time I've been really unimpressed with the quality of an Aerosoft product.

I have downloaded and installed earlier today and have already deleted it from the harddrive.

I'm using Prepar3d 3.4 hotfix 2

My main specs:

i7 3770K overclocked to 4.6gz

8gb Ram

GTX 980TI

Let me explain my big issues.

Lack of quality control

- In the Scenery Manager, you click on manual and the software it doesn't exist. It does exist, but I have to find it myself. Easy to fix

- In the scenery manager, you click on update, and says the feature isn't available. That's fine, but hide the button at least. Easy to fix.

Please login to display this image.

The wording here confuses me. What's FTX EGCC? The box is saying "disable FTX EGCC" and then the tick box says "enable". But what am I doing? Can this be clarified?

Frame Rate Issues

Summer - All settings disabled - 3D Grass OFF - 32 - 35fps

Summer - All objects disabled - 3D Grass ON - 30 - 32fps

Summer - Statis People ON - 3D Grass ON - 27 - 28fps

Summer - Static People and Cars ON - 3D Grass ON - 13 - 15fps

Summer - All detail ON - 3D Grass ON - 13 - 8 - 10fps

Whilst the frames are acceptable with all settings off, even with all details on, it seems strange they would drop so significantly. 

Hope this helps.

My settings: http://imgur.com/a/lCbkz

I am having the same issue. P3D crashes and also I get a very high VAS usage. The frames are also terrible in Summer. Using the latest hotfix 2. @I.D.S - I got this when using the Summer preset in the config tool and also Summer in the sim. When I used Winter in the config tool and Winter in the sim it was fine. 

Update @I.D.S When using Winter season in P3D VAS and performance is fine for me using the latest hotfix 2. When changing the season in the sim to Summer my VAS instantly drops and P3D OOM's. - Looks like it's something to do with the Summer season.

Strange in FSX I have approx. 30 FPS with the Aerosoft Airbus and all details (except 3d grass) enabled... Also using FTX Global, AS2016/ASCA and 100% AI. I saw some preview screenshots of Mathijs who also got 15 FPS at an empty EGCC in P3D.

The same problem here. I'm very sad with this release from Aerosoft. This scenery has the worse frame rate i've seen on P3D V3.4. I am having as low as 8 fps. Just for mention, in huge airports like Aerosoft EDDF, Taxi2gate VHHH, my frame rates are above 60 fps. So, this scenery has a severe problem.

My specs: I5 6600 / 16 GB DDR4 / SSD 240 / GTX 970 / Windows 10 / AS2016 / Ezdok / 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived