X-Plane 10 installation problem

QStone

Hello,

I have just purchased X-Plane 10 (8 DVD set). My problem is that I can not get installation started up. When I have to choose the path (Where Would You Like To Install?), the installer does not accept any drive:\folder -combination.

The installation is not even possible on the desktop. I had previously installed demo for X-Plane 10 on desktop but I did remove that before starting of install the complete version. The InstallAnywhere just

states: Choose the correct X-Plane Folder. Please choose the base directory of your X-Plane installation, for example C:\X-Plane. Is there a possibility that some junk is left to the registry from the removed demo that is

preventing the installation to be continued.

Best Regards,

Mikko 

Hello QStone,

if you get InstallAnywhere windows, then you are NOT running X-Plane's installer. You have probably inserted the DVD with the Aerosoft addon airports, that's why the installer is asking you for a valid X-Plane path.

Please use DVD 1 for installing.

After installation, by the way, please download and run the update installer, to make sure you have the latest version:

http://www.x-plane.com/update/installers10/X-Plane10InstallerWindows.zip

Archived