FS9 CTD When using Real Weather?

Cris B.

Hey All,

I had a strange problem today, I was creating a flight, in FS9, and had every thing set up but the weather and time. when I tried to set up the real world weather, it started to download and then the sim crashed to desktop. :? I then tried to do it again with the same result. :( So then I created the flight and didn't touch the weather and all loaded OK. Once I got in the sim I tried to load the real weather and it started to download and then crashed to desktop. :cry: Everything was working fine earlier today and I've not made any changes to my sim or my computer in about a week. If anyone has had this happen or any ideas on how to cure this, it sure would be of help.

• Upvote 1

Hi!

The same thing happend to me to. I tried to delete fs9.cfg but no luck, when the weather is supposed to load into the sim it goes CTD :?

It works well with weather maker pro so until anyone can figure out what causes this I will NOT touch the real world weather button. :roll:

/Patrik

Hi,

i also have this Problem. There seems to be something wrong with the Weatherdata supplied by Jeppesen. I found a post on the Internet saying that a CTD happens when there are invalid caracters in the Data.

• Developer

Correct, no problem at you installations, is a bad/corrupted dataset from the source server. Had happen some day before in the same way. Maybe will change, when the weather situation change.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

Hey All,

Thanks for all the replies, I thought I was going to have to reinstall FS9. :)

It's good to know that it is not somthing that I've done. :lol:

Danke, everyone and keep'em flying! 8)

• Upvote 1

Hey All,

Just got off of the telephone with Microsoft tech suppert and he confirmed that the servers that carry the weather and the FS news are down for repair and upgrade and they should be back up and running in about 48 hours, sooner if all of the repairs go smooth. :)

Well, at least we all now know that we will have weather back soon. :D

I just thought everyone would like to know what I found out! :wink:

Keep'em flying! 8)

• Upvote 1