"DefaultFeature" "Feature transfer error"

alexsoany

alexsoany I am sure that aeorosoft will help you solve this problem.  You may need to wait a few days.  Often because of the way files are distributed through the internet and cached on the way a download can be unsucsesful or corrupted.  Unfortunately it is the Christmas season which people wish to spend with their friends so you may  need to wait a few days.

1 minute ago, harrry said:

alexsoany I am sure that aeorosoft will help you solve this problem.  You may need to wait a few days.  Often because of the way files are distributed through the internet and cached on the way a download can be unsucsesful or corrupted.  Unfortunately it is the Christmas season which people wish to spend with their friends so you may  need to wait a few days.

Thank you for trying to help and re-assuring me :D

I have already downloaded it, the problem begins when I launch the .exe (mind you, I did start it in Admin mode) and when I finally "Install" and as the gauges are loading, the panels, etc, around 10% on the way there it stops and gives me this http://prnt.sc/dq8se9

I will definitely contact aerosoft support and see if they can help me. Thank you again for replying and trying to help!

• Aerosoft

The error indicates that part of the sim is incorrectly installed. Most likely the paths in the registry do not match the actual location on disk.

However, you say you start the exe (I assume that's the installer) but then continu explaining the error starts as the gauges are loaded. So we are not sure if this about the installer as your images shows or a problem using the aircraft in the sim.

• Aerosoft
50 minutes ago, harrry said:

If the installer starts the content of the files is checked using a checksum so the files are 100% sure all correct and complete.

11 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

If the installer starts the content of the files is checked using a checksum so the files are 100% sure all correct and complete.

Thank you for your reply. When the screenshot I have posted above happened, I clicked Okay and to my surprise there were the flight plan converter, keymap editor, and everything, but just no aircraft in the SimObjects, gauges folder, etc. 

Confirm you have looked at my screenshot it does say it has something to do with the SimObjects folder?

Please help me fix this problem it would be great for me and other people who may have this problem in the future :)

Also, does it effect anything if I have the Steam version of FSX? Because I have FSX:SE not sure if that might be the problem, it seems everything should have been installed in there though because I saw the directory where it should have been downloaded, it was all correct.

• Aerosoft

Well the error message is very clear. The installer can't find some of the paths. As said that is most likely because the location in the registry is not the same as on your disk. So it is an issue of FS, not really of the add-on. I suggest you re-install the sim so that issue will not pop up again.

Hello Alex,

I'm not sure of your experience level with FSX, so I've provided some information below which I'm hopeful will help you. Forgive me if you're already familiar wit the information.

Question:  When you reinstalled FSX, did you install over the existing folders/files?  If so, then that could be responsible for your still seeing the error and I recommend following the procedure outlined below.

If you manually removed the persistent FSX folders, rebooted, and ran the FSX Installer(s) "As Admin" then I would skip down to the Post Reinstall section (but I don't recommend doing this if the uninstall wasn't done as recommended).

SPECIAL NOTE 1:  I'm not sure if the aircraft in question is compatible with the FSX Steam version, but if it will work than I strongly encourage you to install the FSX Steam version of FSX rather than any disk version. FSX:SE is essentially an updated version of FSX Acceleration, and the performance and stability is much better (especially under Windows 7/10). Another benefit is that FSX:SE installer will install everything for you (no disks or other installers to run) - you download it from Steam and it will self install, so you can literally walk away and come back to it later.

Uninstall / Reinstall

*Be sure to have your antivirus software disabled, and to run all installers "As Admin".

Please follow the procedure HERE for the Uninstall and Reinstall of FSX.  Note that if you decide to go with the Steam Version (FSX:SE) then the reinstall procedure will be a little different as FSX:SE has an installer than installs everything for you.  Always a good idea to reboot before an installation, close all non-essential programs, deactivate your antivirus, and run the installer "As Admin".

Post Reinstall:

1. Reboot.

2. Download and Run (As Admin) the Flight1 Registry Repair tool.  Hundreds, if not thousands of people have used this tool without any problems. The only thing it does is correct the Path entries for the FSX folders.

3. Add the HighMemFix=1 to your FSX.CFG (Google will take you to the instructions for this).

4. Add or adjust any other settings in the FSX.CFG as you prefer. If you're not familiar with this, then please see this AVSIM Guide.

SPECIAL NOTE 2:  I recommended performing a reinstall rather than trying to correct the issue by simply running the Flight1 Registry Repair tool (without a reinstall) because all things being equal, you might very well have other issues that would not be corrected by the tool and this would only extend your troubleshooting (and frustration).  It often proves faster, easier and better to move forward with a proper reinstall of FSX.

If there is anything in the above steps you don't understand, you are certainly welcome to ask here in this thread, though everything about this is well documented and will show up on a Google search (which provides an instant answer instead of waiting for one here).

My very best wishes to you Alex.

6 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Hello Alex,

I'm not sure of your experience level with FSX, so I've provided some information below which I'm hopeful will help you. Forgive me if you're already familiar wit the information.

Question:  When you reinstalled FSX, did you install over the existing folders/files?  If so, then that could be responsible for your still seeing the error and I recommend following the procedure outlined below.

If you manually removed the persistent FSX folders, rebooted, and ran the FSX Installer(s) "As Admin" then I would skip down to the Post Reinstall section (but I don't recommend doing this if the uninstall wasn't done as recommended).

SPECIAL NOTE 1:  I'm not sure if the aircraft in question is compatible with the FSX Steam version, but if it will work than I strongly encourage you to install the FSX Steam version of FSX rather than any disk version. FSX:SE is essentially an updated version of FSX Acceleration, and the performance and stability is much better (especially under Windows 7/10). Another benefit is that FSX:SE installer will install everything for you (no disks or other installers to run) - you download it from Steam and it will self install, so you can literally walk away and come back to it later.

Uninstall / Reinstall

*Be sure to have your antivirus software disabled, and to run all installers "As Admin".

Please follow the procedure HERE for the Uninstall and Reinstall of FSX.  Note that if you decide to go with the Steam Version (FSX:SE) then the reinstall procedure will be a little different as FSX:SE has an installer than installs everything for you.  Always a good idea to reboot before an installation, close all non-essential programs, deactivate your antivirus, and run the installer "As Admin".

Post Reinstall:

1. Reboot.

2. Download and Run (As Admin) the Flight1 Registry Repair tool.  Hundreds, if not thousands of people have used this tool without any problems. The only thing it does is correct the Path entries for the FSX folders.

3. Add the HighMemFix=1 to your FSX.CFG (Google will take you to the instructions for this).

4. Add or adjust any other settings in the FSX.CFG as you prefer. If you're not familiar with this, then please see this AVSIM Guide.

SPECIAL NOTE 2:  I recommended performing a reinstall rather than trying to correct the issue by simply running the Flight1 Registry Repair tool (without a reinstall) because all things being equal, you might very well have other issues that would not be corrected by the tool and this would only extend your troubleshooting (and frustration).  It often proves faster, easier and better to move forward with a proper reinstall of FSX.

If there is anything in the above steps you don't understand, you are certainly welcome to ask here in this thread, though everything about this is well documented and will show up on a Google search (which provides an instant answer instead of waiting for one here).

My very best wishes to you Alex.

I will definitely try this out tomorrow! Thank you! I will see how it goes.

P.S: I ONLY have FSX:SE, I do not own FSX CD edition/original fsx. I used to, but then I lost it.

I am not sure how to perform a full backup on my load flights, flight plans, saves, etc.

I have done everything you said in your post, full re-install, etc, and still the problem occurs. Even I was surprised I thought the reinstall should have fixed it.. Hmm any other ways I could fix this?

12 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

What version of FSX are you using? If Stanard or Deluxe, are you sure you installed both Service Packs?

Neither. I use FSX:SE. I have tried everything you said in your last post even with the full reinstall, although I redownloaded it from steam. Still the same problem. Just an FYI, the error has something to do with the SimObjects folder apparently as it says if you look at the screenshot in the original post.

Everything looks good.

At this point, the only think I can do is recommend you put in a Support Ticket, as I don't have this older aircraft.  If that fails, you inquire about exchanging the A300 for the A320/A321 - you'll get up flying and enjoy it immensely!

Be sure to reference this post so the support person will know what you've tried.

Sorry we couldn't find the problem, but if you can please come back and let us know what it was?

I wish you the very best.

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Everything looks good.

At this point, the only think I can do is recommend you put in a Support Ticket, as I don't have this older aircraft.  If that fails, you inquire about exchanging the A300 for the A320/A321 - you'll get up flying and enjoy it immensely!

Be sure to reference this post so the support person will know what you've tried.

Sorry we couldn't find the problem, but if you can please come back and let us know what it was?

I wish you the very best.

Could I trade aircraft?! That would be absolutely amazing! I would definitely try out the A320/A321 Airbus X! I'll just send them a link to this forums thread, and see if they can trade aircrafts!

EDIT: Alright, I asked support to see if they can trade aircraft. I think it is highly unlikely, as you said, but I am putting my hope on this as I really want a aircraft that I can enjoy flying! :)

I don't know.  It's something you can ask IF you can't get the A300 to work on your system with Support's help.

I'm sure they would take everything into consideration, including what the cost of the A320/A321 is, what you paid for the A300 (and when), and what type of problem is preventing you from using the software.

But it doesn't hurt to ask.

Best wishes.

Aye! They allow exchanges! I'll most likely get the A320/A321, and that is very fine with me because I've heard multiple lovely reviews on it! Hmm, I was going to ask them for a refund though, but that was for if the Aerosoft A330 comes out but I'll bite the bullet :)

That's great news Alex, I was pretty sure, but it takes someone from the Aerosoft back office to authorize that.

I can tell you that you'll ABSOLUTELY LOVE the A320/A321, ESPECIALLY I think in comparison to the A300.

One thing... if opt for the "A318/A319/A320/A321 Bundle" in your exchange, you'll be getting two additional aircraft for a very reduced cost.  It's something I always recommend given how terrific the bundle price is - and not bad considering you get 2 more aircraft (with loads of liveries available) to fly.

To ensure you have a trouble free experience, I recommend you perform steps 3 through 6 in the post below AFTER installing the A320/A321. Also, when installing the A320.A321, be sure to first disable your antivirus and then run the installer "As Admin" (this should be standard procedure for all Flight Sim addons).

One VERY exciting feature of the A320/A321 (and the A318/A319) is the Connected Flight Deck (CTD), known generally in our community as Shared Cockpit. This allows you to pilot the aircraft with another person. Use of Shared Cockpit is steadily growing in our community and more developers are looking to add this feature to their aircraft - but you'll already have it with the Aerosoft Airbus Extended Series.  Look for this exciting and ultra realistic feature in the A330 when it's released (no date promulgated, but you can follow the process in the A330 Preview Thread).

If you think about it, it would be terrific to hear back from you in the A318/A319/A320/A321 forum to hear how you're likely the A320/A321.

I wish you all the best.

Hey Aerosoft, thanks for BANNING me on the support page just because I wanted a refund and didn't accept your exchange method! You guys have AWESOME support and your members are very patient and helpful! Yeah in all honesty the hell is wrong with you guys. You ban me because I disagree with your way of exchanging product and I even requested a refund? I'm about to file a complaint to get my money back. You people literally just SCAMMED me 50$ CAD.. How? Because when I asked you for a refund because the product doesn't work, you BAN my account on support. Thanks a lot I'll take note of this.

2 hours ago, alexsoany said:

Hey Aerosoft,

This is simply no way to conduct oneself, and I'm surprised that I have to tell you this. It is certainly not the way to resolve a perceived problem. If you treated the support person in this manner, then I can certainly understand the action they took. 

When someone has a legitimate issue or complaint - and I think you might have had one, and they don't get the action they believe they are entitled to, then the best way to proceed is to take it to the next level. With your post above, you took it to all levels and in doing so you did yourself a great disservice.

Those we address over the Internet are still people. Where in Aerosoft Support (and other technical support regardless of the company) are concerned, it would take an complete encyclopedia set to explain the frustrations they deal with every single day (both theirs and their customers), and nobody notices when they do a great job or even when they pull a rabbit out of a hat to fix a customer's issue. They are some of the most understanding, compassionate and knowledgeable people who do their very best to help people under far less than ideal circumstances - and you just hammered them. As far as I am concerned, that is totally unacceptable. 

Despite what you've posted, I am sorry you did not get the resolution you here hoping for.  Please take note however, that Aerosoft does not offer refunds for products delivered over the Internet - and this information is included when customers make their purchase. The reason for this policy should be obvious.

I sincerely wish you better experiences in the future.

Archived