Slow Throttle

josecolme

Hello,

Why are the engines so slow to react to throttle control yet at the same time very sensitive to any movement? It is difficult to set a particular power setting. I use the integrated throttle on a logitech extreme pro 3d joystick. I understand turboprops have a relatively slow reaction time as I used to fly the twin otter. But it wasn´t so slow and sensitive. Is there a way I can modify any values to fix this?

Jose

1 hour ago, josecolme said:

Is there a way I can modify any values to fix this?

Probably not, the FSX implementation of turboprop engines isn't very good. One of the consequences is an unrealistic lag in the engine response :(

Mark is absolutly right Jose , this is why i'm not buying no more turbo props ,there's nothing the developers can do about it cause its a Microsoft issue. I'm waiting for A2A to build a Twin turbo cause they are gonna build it OUTSIDE of flight sim like Majestic did on the Dash 8 and this  problem is no more. When i fly the Duke turbin its a pain how sensitive it is .  

• 2 months later...
On 12/31/2016 at 2:43 PM, Louis8m said:

Mark is absolutly right Jose , this is why i'm not buying no more turbo props ,there's nothing the developers can do about it cause its a Microsoft issue. I'm waiting for A2A to build a Twin turbo cause they are gonna build it OUTSIDE of flight sim like Majestic did on the Dash 8 and this  problem is no more. When i fly the Duke turbin its a pain how sensitive it is .  

Yes, I wish Aerosoft would do something like that one the Twin Otter. One thing I loved on the real thing was the range of motion on the props, it's fairly similar to what Majestic did on the Dash.

Archived