New Supercub

Streamdruid

Just to keep you up to date....

CubCrafter is putting out a Carbon fiber Supercub. It entered it at the Valdez (Alaska) take-off/landing competition. It won first prize. Here is a video of a take off http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=52...20282&hl=en

LSA cubs are really selling well. These are not to be mistaken for ultralights. They fly as fast if not faster than the earlier supercub version. Legend (www.legend.aero) has also introduced a 21 day quick built kit program.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to having the cubs for FSX. If I would have only one suggestion after having used the Supercub 95hp, it would be to decrease the climb rate. Other than that, You guys did a really good job on that last verion.

In regard to GPS, many fellow cub owners are using portable GPS. It's a question of safety. With TFR popping up at the last minute, it become a necessity. Garmin 496 with the weather update feature is literally a lifesaver. I rather have one on board with the option to turn it off than wishing I had one.

Best

hmmm....19' takeoff roll...

I could takeoff from my driveway and clear the house across the street. I wonder what the distance is to land the plane. Just think of the possibilities... :lol::shock::lol:

hmmm....19' takeoff roll...

I could takeoff from my driveway and clear the house across the street. I wonder what the distance is to land the plane. Just think of the possibilities... :lol::shock::lol:

:lol::lol: I think the landing was around 53ft...

I believe somewhere there are Cubs doing really short landings.

Check these out.

here,

and here.

So if you buy a house with a big enough garden you could park your Cub in the garage ;)

In a word, Yes! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Streamdruid, I flew but didn't solo a Supercub in the 60s. Very easy to fly. I wonder if the carbon fiber model is all new or has some original parts? BTW, my real airplane career came to a halt when my instructor crashed the Supercub he was flying as a rancher was hunting coyotes in the back seat. Seems he flew up a box canyon while he was watching the coyote and couldn't turn quickly enough. He was in the hospital for 4 months. They yanked his ticket and I started college and just never got back to it. Now I'm retired, but simming is cheaper: airplanes are free to $40 instead of $80,000 to $8 million!

• Aerosoft
Just to keep you up to date....

CubCrafter is putting out a Carbon fiber Supercub. It entered it at the Valdez (Alaska) take-off/landing competition. It won first prize. Here is a video of a take off http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=52...20282&hl=en

LSA cubs are really selling well. These are not to be mistaken for ultralights. They fly as fast if not faster than the earlier supercub version. Legend (www.legend.aero) has also introduced a 21 day quick built kit program.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to having the cubs for FSX. If I would have only one suggestion after having used the Supercub 95hp, it would be to decrease the climb rate. Other than that, You guys did a really good job on that last verion.

In regard to GPS, many fellow cub owners are using portable GPS. It's a question of safety. With TFR popping up at the last minute, it become a necessity. Garmin 496 with the weather update feature is literally a lifesaver. I rather have one on board with the option to turn it off than wishing I had one.

Best

We tried three times to get some contact with CubCrafters and never got any serious feedback. As I think they are the link between cubs then and now I really would like to have them aboard. Is there anybody around who knows them?

As usual I should have asked first before purchasing the Super Cub. . .can it not be installed into FSX? I no longer have FS9 on my system. I tried pointing to the Simobject folder in FSX and that's normally all I have to do even with autoinstallers, but not this one. . .of course.

I seen this plane in person at the trade show here at FedEx hanger and at the Valdez Flyin. It is amaizing and I think has like a 210hp engine in it. It wouldent be verry good on a windy day I dont think, just because its so light.

We ordered 2 of the new Cubcrafter built Cubs.. due for delivery in Sept/Oct... cant wait! I have many hours flying the Supercub.. by far the most fun plane I have flown! Everyone who flies a supercub automatically falls in love with them!

Didnt know Aerosoft was making a new one?