Some Options Are Greyed Out On Right MCDU.

LewBoo

Hello, hows everyone doing?

Today I am asking for help about a well known problem with the right hand side MCDU on the a319, where some of the options are greyed out, such as Aircraft state and Aircraft doors...

I have tried everything that I could of done to fix it such as re installing it as admin, installing the SimConnect and its not working. I am getting very frustrated that I spent 35 pounds on this aircraft, and I havent been able to use it yet! :(

I am on FSX:SE, on a windows 10 PC

Thanks.

• Aerosoft

A well known problem that has been responded to several times.

Those options are not available because your aircraft is not in the correct 'state'. For example doors can only be opened with engines off and parking brakes set.

7 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Those are not available because your aircraft is not in the correct 'state'. For example doors can only be opened with engines off and parking brakes set.

Yeah but when I first load up the game, some of the screens should be on shouldn't they? My aircraft loads in a way that I wouldn't expect. 

4 hours ago, swaor said:

You have to install "SimConnect" in order of the aircraft to work properly.

You can find the diwnload here:

SimConnect.zip

I downloaded it and when I install it it says the specified account already exists :(

As Mathijs suggested, try starting from the Cold and Dark state and see if you are then able to select the items in question.

If that doesn't work, you might try our Airbus Troubleshooting Guide, located at

My very best wishes.

On 28/12/2016 at 2:17 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

As Mathijs suggested, try starting from the Cold and Dark state and see if you are then able to select the items in question.

If that doesn't work, you might try our Airbus Troubleshooting Guide, located at

My very best wishes.

No luck, I just dont know what to do now...

• Aerosoft

I am sorry to say so, but re-installing FS or an addon manager from another product simply can't have any influence.

The cause is simply that the correct conditions are not set. In a real Airbus you can't open the doors when the engines are running, the same in our systems. You can't open them when the parking brakes are not set, same in our systems. You can't enter some page in the MCDU when the engines are running, same in our systems.

As always, just following the Step-by-Step will teach you the right series of actions that will 'unlock' all these items.

Archived