Future Scenery?

Streamdruid

How about doing Florida?

1) Many non-US pilots go to Florida to train and get their license. It would be a useful training tool. Also, many non-US pilots would like to "see" their old training ground.

2) Florida is a retirement destination for many pilots. As such many can no longer pass the 3rd medical to fly. They find comfort in flying Sim.

3) Florida is very active in the Aviation industry. Many national aviation shows for certified, experimental and LSA planes take place in this state. As such, pilots from all over the US fly in. Florida is also the stepping stone for Bahamas bound pilots...

Any way, just a suggestion. I think you'd have a pretty good market for this item.

Hi Streamdruid!

I'm a fan of Florida myself, been there many times. But there is already so much available. Miami and Tampa Airports are done by FlyTampa. A search for Florida Scenery in the AVSIM library comes up with 75 files.

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...;Go=Change+View

Freeflow - Florida the most important of them with the cities built by Toni Hiltunen (he just released V2 of the city of Miami). Combined with UT America it is pretty much covered I think. Not to forget Cape Canaveral by aerosoft.

So, what are you exactly looking for?

Hi Marco,

Thanks for the links. I’ll download them today.

Quite a few flight schools are in the SE portion of the state. From Miami all the way up north to Melbourne (KMLB) home of Liberty Aircraft. For example, I did my PPL at Lantana (KLNA). From there, the airports we would fly to are: Boca Raton (KBCT), Belleglades (x10), Ft Lauderdale Exec (KFXE),Fort Pierce (KFPR),North Perry (KHWO), Indiantown (X58) , Labelle (X14),Marathon Keys (KMTH), Vero Beach (KVRB), home of Piper aircrafts , Kendall-Tamiami (KTBM), Okeechobee (KOBE). Pahokee (KPHK), Pompano Beach (KPMP), Stuart (KSUA) Palm Beach International ( KPBI) and Ft Lauderdale International (KFLL) . Some of these airports have right hand traffic such as Pompano and Vero. Indiantown (X58) was used for soft field operation since it’s one of the longest grass strip in the US (6300ft). Some airfield like Pahokee have a VOR away from major traffic and like Okeechobee, is on this huge lake. Typical flight would including taking off at Lantana, transition through Palm Beach and Stuart airspace along the beach, land at Fort Pierce, shoot to Okeechobee for some touch and go, input Pahokee in the VOR , do a couple of landing and shoot back to Lantana. Anyway, it’s an interesting part of the country, with a lot of flying activities and weather that is really great for flying. There is also something to be said about going from the Everglades and go right down to the Keys and come back up right off t Miami’s South Beach at 500ft…

How about doing Florida?

1) Many non-US pilots go to Florida to train and get their license. It would be a useful training tool. Also, many non-US pilots would like to "see" their old training ground.

2) Florida is a retirement destination for many pilots. As such many can no longer pass the 3rd medical to fly. They find comfort in flying Sim.

3) Florida is very active in the Aviation industry. Many national aviation shows for certified, experimental and LSA planes take place in this state. As such, pilots from all over the US fly in. Florida is also the stepping stone for Bahamas bound pilots...

Any way, just a suggestion. I think you'd have a pretty good market for this item.

....and it's John Travolta's home!!!

travoltas_house.jpg