Airport Charts In Tablets?

I got for early Chanukah present a nice latest version of Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet.  I am totally new to the world of tablets. LOL  I have no problem handling and understanding the tablet.  I am even using the tablet for latest aviation weather reports for any airport while flying on Vatsim using my laptop.

However, I have a question. Is there any cool free APP or website where I can look up at any airport's diagram charts, approach charts, and departure charts? I tried some websites and found out there were not free or too small with no ability to resize to bigger size for me to read on eight inch screen.

Is there such an free APP where I can click on it, it asks me what airport, I punch in 4 letter airport code, and presto it brings up the airport's charts?

If not,  what do any of you suggest how I can get any airport's charts for viewing on eight inch screen tablet while I am flying on laptop, please?

Thanks,

Aharon

Those aren't apps, they're websites. This works of course, but it's far from ideal on a tablet.

Navigraph does have an app, but since I've never used it I can't say anything about it.

i use navigraph charts but it is not cheap.the advantage is that you can use a pencil to mark specific parts of an approach or sid. but both apps are used regularly by simmers.

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, mopperle said:

But both apps are not free.

Well, technically speaking the apps are for free ;)

It's the subscription that costs and which is needed to get the charts into the app. 

Thanks all for answers and looking forward to more suggestions or answers.

What I am dreaming is while I am flying on FSX using my laptop, I have a tablet to show me airport approach charts for an airport that I am heading to so that I can consult the chart map's waypoints while flying just like you see on cockpit panel's tablet screen showing airport charts or maps.

Hoping that airport charts around the world via APPS are free!

Regards,

Aharon

I am sorry, providing up to date charts for the whole world for free is not possible.
Real airlines pay several thousands of euros for them each month per pilot.

None of the big vendors for charts (Jeppessen, Lufthansa Systems and Navtech) will provide you the products which they are investing millions in keeping theirs up to date for free just because you want to use it for flight simulation.

We also have to pay them quite a bit to have the access and possibility to offer our NavDataPro Charts.

You will understand that we can not offer them for free.

I am using Garmin Pilot App and I have a subscription for Jeppesen VFR Charting services CH. You can choose with Jeppesen if you like to have a single country or full region. I used to have Worldwide IFR/VFR, but I cannot afford the 18kEUR per year any longer. Expired last week ;-) The FliteCharts IFR from Garmin itself are good enough for SIM IFR flights. They are not complete and as such they lack of full detail like Jeppesen. I would not fly with them IFR in real.

For me the combination first perfectly, flying real life and on sim. One GPS solution.

Thanks to all for kind explanations.

Emanuel,   I did NOT NOT realize that Aerosoft is offering airport charts for airports around the world for one year subscription of 53 dollars and I apologize to you and the Aerosoft management for making this thread post asking around if there is any free APP for airport chart for tablets while not knowing and not realizing that Aerosoft is selling one year subscription of world's airport charts.

You can delete this thread if you want and if you think it comes into conflict of interest with Aerosoft product.

Regards,

Aharon

Archived