Static Aircraft

Hello,

I have successfully installed my Aerosoft Airports (e.g. EDDL, EDDH, EHAM) in XPlane 10.51. However, I was wondering why there are no static airplanes available. This is a nice new feature in Xplane 10.51. Is there any possibility to enable this feature in the aforementioned Aerosoft sceneries?

Thank you!

• Administrator

Hello ,

the new feature in X-Plane 10.50/51 needs to change the apt.dat of the airports.

You can do it with the world editor. The Airport apt.dat must be saved in the 10.50 format.

There is a function in the WED (World Editor): "Export Target". Here you have to choose the 10.50 format and save the apt.dat with this format.

But additionally you have to change the ramp starts, programmed in the apt.dat of the airport (with the WED too), so that X-Plane 10.50/51 can use the function "draw parked aircrafts at airports" in the correct way.

The ramp starts have to configured in the way that the correct aircrafts are used for the static aircraft function. 

I cannot say if the developers of the airports will do that in a short time and bring up an update ...

Greets Heinz

Archived