A318 / a319 / a320 / a321 right MCDU

haydenrobertson

Hello, I'm very new to the Aerosoft Airbus A318 / a319 / a320 / a321 and I'm having a few problems. On FSX SE when I load up the aircraft the Right MCDU has things greyed out, like CheckLists, Aircraft state, and ground services. I've watched countless YouTube videos but no luck.

Please login to display this image.

Hayden,

Just to be sure... you re-installed all three versions of SimConnect?

In the default location, the SimConnect installers can be found at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces

and they are:

FSX-RTM

FSX-SP1

FSX-XPACK

It's very important that you reboot after reinstalling them.

If reinstalling the SimConnect versions does not solve your problem, would you please post a screen shot of your installed Microsoft C++ Redistributables (take the screen shot from your Installed Programs screen).

Please login to display this image.

In response to the email you sent to me, I can see that you're missing numerous Microsoft C++ Redistributable programs.  Compare your list to mine, and update as required.  Be sure to compare the version numbers.  Note:  It may be that some of the MS C++ files you need may be found on a different Microsoft Webpage (different than the one provide in the Airbus Troubleshooting Post).  This is a individual system issue rather than Aerosoft related issue, so you might want to try get some info via Google.

Best wishes.

Hayden,

I just came across an All-in-One Runtime Installer.  I've never used it (so no guarantees), but I have to say it looks very promising.  I would make a Restore Point before using it.  After that, run it, and it should update your MS C++ Redistributables.

Please let me know how this works out, and I'd love to see a screen shot from the Programs listing as well.

Hayden,

1. The restart I was referring to was after your MS C++ file installations.

2. Did you compare you list to C++ installation to the list I posted above, and if so where there any differences?

3. Regarding your SimConnect files, I see a big difference the size of the files compared to mine. I have FSX Steam installed, but have to believe the file SimConnect file sizes should be the same (but I'm not 100% sure about this).

At this point I'm going to refer you to Technical Support, rather than continuing to go back and forth, which is delaying you're getting up to fly.  Please create a Support Ticket by clicking HERE.  You'll need to provide your purchase information and a link to this thread (to help save you and the person providing technical support some time).

My very best wishes.

Archived