ORBX Officialy Coming to XP

crisk73

I agree with Penzo. I flew XP for around three years and skipped to Prepar3d v3 in November due to lack of professional Airbusses A320 in X-Plane. In my opinion the greatest lack in x-plane is the lack of professional developers. Do not misunderstand me - if the big producers are staying away, somebody else must do the job - so the talented members of the community. But talent alone will not bring you further, sometimes you need professional developers, a good budget, skilled customer relation management, and access to technology, etc. Here x-plane wasted time and thus burned it's partial market position, when Microsoft moved out of simulator development. What I hope is, that x-plane will develop a professional product structure with XP11, becoming interesting for professional developers again.

I don't mean that ORBX is not good, I know their beautiful sceneries for FSX, I only hope they start from the basis already settled by our xp developers and make it better eventually, for sure they have the means and resources to do that.

Of course XP11 is becoming more and more interesting for professional devs, PMDG and ORBX step into it (and hopefully REX) is the proof.

By the way dear Aerosoft, why don't you make the same step with the BusX? It would be awesome. [emoji4]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

John V's comment regarding XP applied to this calendar year. ORBX may change direction depending on how the market shakes out. Between Aerofly FS2, the rumored P3d V4 and Dovetail Games Flight Simulator, 3rd party developers are taking a cautious approach.

Archived