Tighter nose wheel steering?

ileftmyattackbootsinchina

Is there any way to make the NWS tighter? The turning radius is absolute garbage and it’s basically impossible to move around the carrier deck. Is there a way to increase the steering input?

I’ve used the VRS Superbug and that allows you to have an extra "NWS High" setting for carrier decks. I wasn't sure if there was anything similar for the F-14. ???

Just solved my own problem. I normally use auto-rudder because my twist-rudder joystick recently started acting up and was randomly applying rudder whenever I banked right, effectively making right turns impossible to control. Auto rudder fixes that problem while still letting me turn the aircraft on the ground.

But as it turns out, having auto rudder on limits how much your wheels will turn. Temporarily turning it off for taxiing lets me make much tighter turns. I can turn it back on when i’m taking off.

Archived