problem with controls

AJ_Daubz

Hello, i just purchased the electric lightning yesterday and i'm having some problems with the controls. I only have a mouse and keyboard and just like to fly for a bit of fun and am by no means an expert, but when im in cockpit mode in the lightning, none of the controls seem to work. when i use the arrow keys to control the stick, nothing happens and it just moves a small lever to the left near the throttle. However when i move to 3rd person view and use the arrow keys, it controls the ailerons and elevators. I can only start the engines when in 3rd person mode too. Does anyone have any suggestions how to fix this and allow me to use the default keyboard controls while in the cockpit view? Thanks :)

21 hours ago, AJ_Daubz said:

Hello, i just purchased the electric lightning yesterday and i'm having some problems with the controls. I only have a mouse and keyboard and just like to fly for a bit of fun and am by no means an expert, but when im in cockpit mode in the lightning, none of the controls seem to work. when i use the arrow keys to control the stick, nothing happens and it just moves a small lever to the left near the throttle. However when i move to 3rd person view and use the arrow keys, it controls the ailerons and elevators. I can only start the engines when in 3rd person mode too. Does anyone have any suggestions how to fix this and allow me to use the default keyboard controls while in the cockpit view? Thanks :)

Hi AJ

The arrow keys have been dedicated to the radar controller, so to undo that  find the main file for the sim ( probably...C: >> program files by default ) open the main sim file (FSX or P3d) and open SimObjects >> Airplanes .>> Aerosoft Lightning. ... in there you will see a  "panel" folder, open that  and near the botom is panel.cfg open that (with notepad) and scroll down to the bottom and under

[VCockpit02] is an entry .

.gauge01=Lit_Tac!keys, . Put a // in front thus....    //gauge01=Lit_Tac!keys, .....and save.

That will stop the computer reading that code.. Do that in all the Lightning folders.

Now  when you come to fly the arrow keys should control the aircraft , if it still doesn't,  with the sim running click on options at the top of the screen and reset the controls functions.

To start the engines you have to set all the switches correctly, this can be done individually with the mouse but to save time  you can press Shift+2 and select "All on".from the dropdown then just press the start buttons..( R/H side  just fwd of the black oxygen regulator panel )

But having done all that , I think you will have the greatest difficulty flying the Lightning from the keyboard ! I would strongly advise you to get a joystick. there is no need to lash out £100's on a top of the range model , budget ones work just as well,  or beg or borrow an old  one from a friend .... or ask Santa :0)

Regards

Dave R

Thank you very much for the response! I decided to order the thrustmaster t-flight hotas x from amazon which is coming tomorrow so i'll save flying it for when it arrives! Thank you for the info on how to start the engines too, i think i'll just use the time saving method for now as i really dont have any experience what so ever with how to set the engines to start! :D

Thanks, Alex

3 hours ago, AJ_Daubz said:

Thank you very much for the response! I decided to order the thrustmaster t-flight hotas x from amazon which is coming tomorrow so i'll save flying it for when it arrives! Thank you for the info on how to start the engines too, i think i'll just use the time saving method for now as i really dont have any experience what so ever with how to set the engines to start! :D

Thanks, Alex

Hi Alex

That will do nicely :0)

If you hit Shift+ 3 you'll get a dropdown of the pilots flight reference cards that take you through the full prestart and flight schedule ..... they'll help you learn where all the switches and controls are

Cheers

Dave R

Archived