Menorca X Evolution Flickering Textures

PilotGW

Hi!

I seem to have flickering ground textures at the new Menorca in exterior view. I have tried disabling all other scenery/mesh, clearing shader cache and disabling EZDok all to no avail. 

I've also tried changing the 'clipmode' settings for EZDok to 'normal' in cameras.cfg, as this fixed the same problem at other airports including Malaga X and Milan X. This improves the flickering, but doesn't eliminate it unfortunately.

Anything I might be missing?

Menorca X Evolution V1.00

P3D V3.2

Many thanks,

Greg W

• Developer
vor 19 Minuten, PilotGW sagte:

P3D V3.2

A littlebit outdated, maybe? Special the ground was part of the newer versions in of P3D.

Prepar3d 3.4  and flickering textures are here too. :(

SOLUTION!!

Go to  C:\Users\yourusernamehere\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

open cameras.cfg and delete  clipmode  from EzcA VC camera.Save the file and enyoj.

16 hours ago, mirage9 said:

Prepar3d 3.4  and flickering textures are here too. :(

SOLUTION!!

Go to  C:\Users\yourusernamehere\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

open cameras.cfg and delete  clipmode  from EzcA VC camera.Save the file and enyoj.

This definitely helps, but I'm still seeing some slight flicker on the apron.

I've also discovered that using anything other than clipmode=minimum messes up some of my preset cameras in EZDok, particularly my wing views as the aircraft clips too far from the camera. Of course doing this this brings back the flickering.

I've just checked all of my other addon scenery to see if it's something I just haven't noticed before, but it seems to affect mainly some of the Aerosoft scenery I have. Menorca Evo, Milan and Malaga have quite bad flickering. Ibiza Evo has some minor flickering whereas Mallorca Evo, Heathrow and Lisbon appear to be fine.

Bit of a conundrum.

• Developer

Ground is made according to the P3D SDk with their new layering method. Could you please make sure that the old Menorca is deactivated an no afcad file other than the one we delivered is active. Since there were some problems with ground flickering in Malaga P3D I took extra care to discover any flickering and definetly on my PC it won´t flicker. As well as on all other testing PCs. But I really would like to discover the culprit.

Thorsten

Thank you for your reply!

Yep, I definitely uninstalled the old Menorca before installing this one.

I've run a search of my P3D folder for conflicting files. The only other files are Navdata files and one relating to FTX Vector (which I disabled).

I've tried disabling everything except the default scenery and Menorca. 

I've deleted all of my scenery indexes and let P3D rebuild them.

I've tried disabling EZDok. Not using EZDok lessens the flickering but it's still there in default spot view.

I've tried deleting my P3D.cfg.

All to no avail. :( As I said I'm also seeing the exact same at Malaga and Milan too. None of my other scenery addons exhibit this issue, including most of the Aerosoft ones.

I will be doing a clean P3D install when the next hotfix drops, so maybe that might help.

LEMH Flickering

Please login to display this image.

LEMG Flickering

LIMC Flickering

• Developer

wow. THAT looks strange. I don´t know what happened but it seems to me that there is another airport/scenery below Menorca (and the others). Looking at the LEMH pic:
What is this kind of grey grass below the apron? It´s 100% NOT from us. Could be a exchanged detail1.bmp from ORBX, but why is the ground shiftet and breaking through the layers
and loosing all details of the aerial picture?
I don´t know and I guess making a new P3D Install is a good idea :-)

Thorsten

Yeah it's really weird. I had indeed replaced detail1.bmp with REX4. Clutching at straws I reverted to default textures, but no difference. :(

Think I'll wait to see what the jump to V3.4 brings.

• Developer

Ok, clean fresh Install with full installer and the result is the same?????
So I must ask some questions:
- What else is installed?
- Was everything really removed before the new Install? P3D add ons now install somewhere else and maybe your new install refers to older Add ons.
- Graphic Card and driver?
- Did you Uninstall the old P3D version before?
- Sure that you did not install the FSX version for any reason in P3D (Than for sure the result would be like the one you got)

Thorsten

Hi Thorsten,

1. I have a number of airport scenery addons, Orbx Base, Orbx OpenLC EU, Orbx England, Orbx Vector, FreeMeshX (I've tried disabling everything in the Scenery Library except Orbx Base which is more difficult)
  2. I also have GSX, Ultimate Traffic 2, ChasePlane, Aerosoft Airbus, PMDG 777
  3. I uninstalled every add-on and all P3D components using uninstallers and then cleaned up everything that got left behind (including AppData Local/Roaming and ProgramData files)
  4. I'm using a GTX 980 Ti with driver 373.06
  5. I definitely installed the P3D version

Again, using a camera addon exacerbates the issue, but it's still there when using default external cameras. Here's a video showing the issue.

• Developer

Ok,
before changing anything at my files, because most (if not all others) have no flickering:
Could you please place the default 737 somewhere at the Apron and give me the height (not in slew mode)
Possibly there is a height conflict with another scenery.

When you say you made a clean install: Where do all other addons come from? Did you install them all and than checked Menorca?
Or are these leftovers from your old install?

Could you set Menorca airport and terrain (airport allways above terrain) at the top of the scenery list and also at the lowest entry (just above the default sceneries)
and check for flickering?

Would it be possible to make a teamviewer session that I can check what happens in P3D at your PC (needs a fast Internet connection)
(Please PM), but since holiday seasonis comming this could happen next year only.

Thorsten

Hi,

P3D doesn't have a default 737, so I used the default F22 and the elevation is 304ft.

As far as clean install goes, I uninstalled everything and then deleted any leftover files, including the main P3D folder and the folders in AppData and ProgramData. I then installed everything again using the installers for all products. Nothing was lifted from an old install. Admittedly, I didn't check Menorca as I was installing.

I've moved Menorca to the top and to the bottom of the Scenery Library. No change.

1 hour ago, scubaboy said:

I'll bet you are using REX Worldwide HD Airports with grass textures installed.

Check this thread:

No, I don't have REX Worldwide HD.

I've just completely uninstalled P3D again. Literally blitzed all traces of it and cleared the old registry entries. Now I've got a completely clean sim with JUST Menorca installed. Still flickering in default spot view. Also noticed it only seems to happen when moving the camera around the front of the aircraft and that bigger aircraft seem to worsen the effect.

• 3 months later...
  • Aerosoft
19 hours ago, Pablo__sk8 said:

I have the same problem, my textures are also flickering, to the pont that in LESB (San Luís) I don't even  see the taxiway/apron!

Almost certainly related to a 3rd party mesh covering the same area.

• Developer
vor 49 Minuten, Pablo__sk8 sagte:

I don't have any mesh addon

Could yo give me some more infos about your Add ons (EZ camera or something?) and sim and post a screenshot of that area?

Thorsten

18 minutes ago, Autopiloth said:

Could yo give me some more infos about your Add ons (EZ camera or something?) and sim and post a screenshot of that area?

Thorsten

I just have some plane addons and some sceneries,  and ASN & REX Soft Clouds but no EZCA or anything like that.

Archived