Beaver X SP1

Groundhog

I have followed all the instructions for SP1 and installed over a clean FSX install etc.

Everything runs fine except for a problem with the Beaver X latest version.

I start in cockpit view and open the Alt menu.

I select New View and then Air Traffic and then any plane.

The small window opens and the hourglass appears.

After about 30 secs it restarts FSX with an error to send to MS.

This happens every time.

It might just be my system but the FSX default aircraft are all fine and new view works OK.

This never happened in FSX preSP1.

Anyone else seen this?

thanks GH

Hi

I have the same problem as Groundhog :(

and it`s just only the payware addons like the BeaverX

and the Aussie Warrior so sad they are not to use any moore

thank`s for any hélp

Per E

Hello bamse,

Are you saying this is also happening with another payware aircraft besides the BeaverX.

If it seems that this is happening with more than one then it could be either a design fault in the aircrafts or an issue that has crept into SP1.

Hi

yes i have the same problem with the new Aussie Warrior,maybe a bug in the FSX patch :?

I have read at the avsim forum that some users have run FSX in windoved mode and that have worked good.

I´m at work now and can not try that, maybe some other aviator can try if that work or else i`l try it tomorrow

Cheers

hi again

I have been in the air now for 2 hours in a BeaverX and the Aussie Warrior without any desktop chrashes :D

To solve the problem with all those CTD crashes i from now have to fly in window mode i dont like that, but i have no alternative untill Microsoft fix a bugpatch or something.

Happy landings to you all.

I also have a CTD whenever I use the BeaverX after installing SP1. No problems before SP1, or with the planes that came with FSX. Since it doesn't happen when in a windowed mode, could it have something to do with AA? I have installed the latest Nvidia drivers (eVGA 7900GS), the latest DirectX and Visual C++ updates on Windows XP, and no difference in the CTD.

I have also installed the latest Nvidia drivers for my 7900.

The latest DirectX and Visual C++ updates for Windows XP.

Still CTD.

Flew with AA off and no CTD but FSX looks awful.

I will try windowed mode next.

GH

Someone at the AVSIM forum clued me in on this. Shut off AA in FSX and force it through the video driver. I tried it, and I'm able to use 8x AA with better performance and better image quality, and no CTD when flying the BeaverX. :D

Thanks for all the ideas guys.

I have tried switching AA off in FSX and enabling it through the Nvidia panel but if I do this I get no AA at all within FSX.

The only way to get AA in FSX for me is by enabling it in FSX.

This was the same before the patch.

I have tried flying in windowed mode and it seems more stable but windowed mode seems to cause problems with my HOTAS software.

Can't win I guess.

GH

Strangely, in my case, BeaverX will not run with AA switched on in FSX, and only works with AA set in the Nvidia driver, and the MS FSX planes won't run unless I have the Nvidia driver set to "application controlled", with AA switched on in FSX.

Before the SP1 patch, and I couldn't force AA with the Nvidia driver. It only worked if I switched it on within FSX and set the Nvidia driver to "application controlled".