scenery EBBR

• 3 months later...

I second that.. we are in desperate need of a quality (and by quality I mean the kind of EBBR product you are delivering for PSX/P3D) EBBR scenery for XP11. There are some freeware sceneries available, the best one here http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/30937-ebbr-brussels-airport/

However, let's be honest, the ivao benelux community is huge and more and more users are starting to use XP. So a premium scenery that is highly detailed is more then welcome!

Would be nice if atleast you guys would consider migrating your latest EBBR v2 scenery to XP11. Let's all agree that it's stunning !

http://www.simflight.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/IDS-EBBR-Brussels-preview-Nov-14.jpg

I agree that a good EBBR would be nice to have, so I'll tell our product managers that you asked for that. But I can't promise anything.

Because on a more general note:

vor 11 Minuten, THA118 sagte:

the ivao benelux community is huge and more and more users are starting to use XP

Such numbers can be tricky. What seems huge for you may be still too small if you need to pay developers (automatic conversion from FSX to XP is NOT an option; you need manual work and testing over several months).

Based on the IVAO website, there are just 400 active members in the Benelux region (https://www.ivao.aero/members/person/list.asp). That's medium size, compared to some other regions. Maybe double that, based on IVAO Benelux' Facebook page (about 1000 people have liked that page). How many of them are really using X-Plane and willing to buy payware? 20%? 30% maybe?

Of course there are more potential customers than just the IVAO members, but in the end the total user number of X-Plane is still MUCH lower than the number for FSX/P3D, so one has to choose very carefully which products will sell good and which not.

I really hope that this will improve with X-Plane 11, so that more users STAY with X-Plane 11, in the end creating enough momentum to speed up airport development.

Hello Mario, first of all thanks for your reply. Working in a company as a software developer myself I completely understand your argument, however I would not focus that much on those figures. If we would only consider those who currently fly XP and not potentially new XP simmers then we might as well never create anything. We need to build and innovate as a community, convincing FSX/P3D customers to choose XP. Without your efforts and ours we cannot continu to grow. I went through the Aerosoft XP scenery database and to be honest I see quite a few sceneries were I have my doubts 'usage and marketing wise'. But I'm sure you had your reasons and a company vision. I'm really convinced Brussels Airport would be a great addition to this already impressive database and would continu to stimulate new and existing simmers to invest in XP and Aerosoft.

Seriously hoping EBBR will end up on the Aerosoft roadmap.

kr

THA118

Archived