Sound fades when moving into reheat.

Eivin Stenso

Greetings from Norway.

First I want to say I'm very impressed with your version of the Lightning. An amazing simulation. - Thank you. 

But there is one thing that like to ask you about and that is that the engine sound seems to fade away when moving into reheat-range, I was expecting it to become louder. 

Yeah and bring on the T-birds. 

Best regards

Happy customer Eivin Stenso, Trondheim

Hi Eivin

The Lightning like most jets was remarkably quiet when in flight ( considering the uproar when heard from the ground :o ) .Dont forge't the cockpit is pressurised and the pilot is wearing a bonedome and headset. The most intrusive noise is the wind whispering over the canopy, whereas the engines are reduced to a distant rumble that is felt as much as heard. the sound waves being left behind due to the speed

Cheers

Dave R

2 minutes ago, wingman5 said:

Hi Eivin

The Lightning like most jets was remarkably quiet when in flight ( considering the uproar when heard from the ground :o ) .Dont forge't the cockpit is pressurised and the pilot is wearing a bonedome and headset. The most intrusive noise is the wind whispering over the canopy, whereas the engines are reduced to a distant rumble that is felt as much as heard. the sound waves being left behind due to the speed

Cheers

Dave R

Thanks for your response.

This also happens duirng ground tests. The engines seem to become noticably quieter when moved into the reheat range, like the recordings of the sounds in that range are at a lower level compared to the rest or some sounds are missing or something. I feel it's a little anticlimax. One thing is for sure. I've never been in a lightning so I don't know how it supposed to sound like and it's not the first time I've messed up an installation so I thought I'd ask. BR - Eivin  

An update on this issue: I've run through the soundpack with an editor and found it to be working correctly. However when I move the throttles into the reheat range in the cockpit of the Lightning in Prepar3d 3.4, the sound in that range seems to be missing or goes quiet.  If anybody else has this issue and/or how to solve it, it would be most welcome. All the sound sliders in P3D are at the default 50% setting

yt -Eivin  

Hi Eivin

I'll see if I can create a reheat roar triggered directly by the throttle position and running through the ASC, that way I can also vary it with  speed and not just rpm

Cheers

Dave R

That sounds wonderful. That would be cool.  But I believe there still might be a problem at my end. I ran through the ranges and pitches using an old version of FS sound studio and there all the ranges was audiable and there was no fade in the reheat range like I experience on my setup. From that I conclude that there is nothing wrong with the actual soundpack but something is definitly wrong with the way it is being interpreted or played back.

Eivin

edit: It seems to be the movement of the throttles that triggers the fade. Not the rpm of the engines. Both throttles does the same. (Maybe it fades to make room for sound of the reheat  which I don't hear on my setup)   

Plain normal setup on the throttles, and correctly calibrated. I know which range I'm in by observing the throttle position in the VC. Each time I move them into the reheat range represented by the throttle position in the VC, the sound fades away. When i pull back on the throttles, the roar of the engine comes back. 

Archived