Buttons or commands to operate Beaver X fuel selector

Wrongway Malcolm

I'm working at building an instrument panel for my sim cockpit.  I'd like to use my rotary fuel selector along with FSUIPC to select the fuel tanks on the Beaver X.  I found the "off" setting works, and the "center" setting sets the selector to the front tank.  But how do I select the center and rear tanks?  Are there buttons or commands that do that?  I searched this forum and couldn't find anything.  Nor did I find any of the other fuel selector settings in FSUIPC that set these.  Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I've worked with this (used in LINDA) for others aircrafts (I don't own the Beaver):

FUEL_SELECTOR_OFF
FUEL_SELECTOR_RIGHT
FUEL_SELECTOR_LEFT
FUEL_SELECTOR_ALL

See the PDF documentation of FSUIPC: you'll find the offsets (search for these terms).

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks.  Using FSUIPC and an analog rotary pot, I can set bands that perform these fuctions for other aircraft like the Carenado C185.  Those command work great to set the selector in that in that a/c.  But that doesn't work for the Beaver X.  "Off" works fine for turning off.  The Beaver X has "front", "center", and "rear" tanks, and I can program the pot so when it points left, it turns from off to the front tank.  The command that gets that is "FUEL_SELECTOR_CENTER" (which is interesting because it seems like the "CENTER" command should get you the center tank, but it gets you the front tank).  I've systematically tried all the "FUEL_SELECTOR_xxx" commands listed in the FSUIPC dropdown menu, and I can't find any FSX fuel selector commands that get you to the Beaver X's center and rear tanks. That's the quandry for the Beaver X.

I'm guessing there might be non standard buttons or commands for the Beaver X?  Using lua scripts or macros or offests or something else?  I think I remember Mathis saying in another post somewhere that Aerosoft works hard to stay within standards so that commands work with FSUIPC.  So I hold out some hope there are commands to do this.  I just can't figure out what they are.

I hope someone can find an answer.  I'd sure love to fly the X with my selector.

• 5 months later...

Did you try the FSUIPC log function to see the good command sent ?

Or pehaps in LINDA if used?

In this case, use the keyboard or the mouse to see the right command.

Archived