X-FMC and standard FMS problems

tobiwankenobi

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with using XFMC and the standard FMS. 

I am using the XFMC to program my route and SID and STARs and so on. It is then also written to the standard FMS and browseable there. But here no waypoint names are shown, only GPS coordinates.

Is that normal?

I've updates Xplane and XFMC to AIRAC 1612 by Navigraph (sorry, didn't know about Navdata by Aerosoft when I bought that AIRAC). And it seems to me all the waypoints are available as I can see them on the local map in XPlane. But even though, the standard FMS only shows coordinates.

Is there some trick to make it show the Waypoint names?

I would like to use the standard FMS for online ATC instructions like "fly direct DT266". I didn't yet find a method to efficiently delete all waypoints before DT266 in XFMC. But it is possible in the standard FMS to select the waypoint and just hit enter to continue here.

Any ideas?

Please login to display this image.

So, I've tracked it down to one event. As soon as I update the XFMC data to the latest cycle, the standard FMC (i.e. in the B747) from then on only shows Latitude/Longitude coordinates instead of Names.

But I've updated the Xplane Nav Data too, in the Custom Data - folder I have the earth_... files and the GNS430 also has the newest cycle.

Any ideas why this happens?

So, in case somebody some day has the same problem, I received an answer from Max Waldorf the programmer of the XFMC at x-plane.org. It was an easy fix, I had set the nav data priority to 1 to only use the Navigraph data. That led to this problem.

Archived