Airport activated in FSX but not available in AES

Hi Oliver,

In order to save VAS, I am using a scenery manager before each flight, selecting only those sceneries that will be needed for a particular flight.

For example on my last flight I had selected EDDF Aerosoft V2, Nice Aerosoft, Switzerland Pro and France VFR 2 photosceneries.

Before starting FSX, I checked AES Help to verify that my two airport sceneries were properly activated, and EDDF was but LFMN was not.

I checked again my FSX scenery add-on folder and my scenery manager list where both airports were properly ticked, everything was correct. 

I launched my flight anyway and was able to use AES at EDDF, but my destination LFMN did not have AES available although the airport was correctly displayed.

Before posting I checked AES FAQ and could see that all points were OK, on the last one you mention that AES may not work properly if a bgl. was changed at an airport, as I very seldom use LFMN, I cannot remember at any time having changed or remove any bgl. at that scenery.

As I noticed this problem was recurring often since I started using the scenery manager (reason why I now check with AES Help before starting FSX), I wonder if there could be another reason behind this?

Thank you.

UPDATE

I just restarted FSX with LFMN, still no AES. I closed FSX and opened AES Help and immediately had a warning message that LFMN was installed but OFF in AES. I put it ON and everything is back to normal. Please note that this warning message did NOT appear when I checked AES initially and LFMN was not in the list of the installed airports.

However, as I hinted in my above message, I do not understand how the activation process in AES works since evidently I used LFMN with AES a number of times in the past, so why did it get to OFF without my direct input? Could this be related to my using the scenery manager? If so how can we overcome this?

With best regards.

• Developer

When you change the Config of the active Scenery Addons, via FSX Scenery Library Menu or via an external programm, like a scenery Manager,

the Scenery.cfg will be changed by setting the Entry Active=TRUE or Active=FALSE.

When you start AESHelp, the tool will read the scenery.cfg and will first check, if an Airport is still ON in AES, which is not Active anymore in the scenery.cfg, in this case it will be deactivated for AES too.

Then AESHelp will check, if there is any Addon now Active in the scenery.cfg, which is in FULL Mode for AES, but not active for AES. Then you get the popup and when you say YES, this airports will be (re-)activated for AES too.

So, when you make changes in the Scenery Manager, you need to start AESHelp once, before you start the FSX, to get AES Synced with the settings of the Manager.

But you have one option to make it easier:

Copy the shortcut of AESHelp on your desktop. Then open the new copy of the shortcut with the right mouseclick and select the properties.

In the line, where the AESHelp.exe is defind, add RESYNC at the end, like C:\FSX\aerosoft\AES\AESHELP.exe RESYNC

Then save the changes.

When you click this shortcut, AESHelp will start in a "silent Mode", it will check the Scenery Addons and de/reactived all Airports based on the scenery.cfg situation, but no Pop-Up will be displayed and AEShelp will stop after the check automatically. So you can ckick this new "RESYNC" Shortcut, before you start the FSX after selecting a new Scenery profile in the manager.

The SIMStarter NG tool of Aerosoft will start the "RESYNC" of AES automatically in the newest version, when changes will be done there.

Thank you Oliver, I shall try this. Today (before reading your reply, I made changes to my scenery manager selecting country of departure and destination, saved the file in Scenery Manager, started AES Help and none of my selected airports were there. So I launch FSX, which loaded the new sceneries, then with FSX open, I checked AES and my airports were there but OFF, hence I had to close FSX to reset my airports to ON and restart FSX where everything was normal.

I will also check the Aerosoft SIMStarter. Again thanks for your help.

Best regards.

Archived