Standby Attitude Indicator - bank pointer

Enrico Bj

The bank pointer is confusing me...

Please login to display this image.

...And sometimes make me feel like flying a Soviet plane... I hope it will be easy to fix.

Best regards.

Enrico

I'm not sure how it's broken or how it's confusing?

First picture banking 30 degrees left, second 30 degrees right and third picture 55 degrees right.

Alternatively if the bank pointer on the standby ADI is confusing just use the VID.

Cit. "For attitude indicators with a single bank pointer and bank scale at the top, the bank pointer can be considered a sky pointer, it always points up and should be in the upper half of the case. Rolling towards the bank pointer to place it in the upper half of the case will correct an inverted altitude."

Standby instruments are there for a reason and sometimes I like to use them...
FSX failures doesn't work with all addons, so in this case I have to turn off HUD, VDI, HSD and then set some failures for simulate an emergency recovery after being hit, now look at these pictures and tell me my attitude (better do this exercise at night and in the clouds):

But fast, the ground is rock solid!

(don't worry, nobody's gonna die, it's only a simulation ^_^)

I know, it's only a minor bug, but when you try non-standard situations it can make the difference.

But, it's not broken? It's doing exactly what it's meant to?

I mean the picture of the aircraft pointing down, it's basically telling you to roll left 60 degrees and then you can pull up.

Peter, the bank pointer in the second pic is telling me to roll right and than pull up for recover, or better, it's telling me nothing because is not pointing to the sky.

Thanks miroslavmurin for the nice video.

Archived