Here we go Again

George Lehning

Ok here is my problem, AES only works when I start FS9 and AES Help as administrator. The problem with that is some other programs do not work in this mode. I am using VISTA Home Premium as my operating system.

• Developer

Hi,

which version of AES did you use?

Did your useraccount have voll read/write access to all data below your FS Directory?

brgds

Oliver Pabst

I am using AES 1.6. Yes I have gone into FS9 and given all rights to all users. When I start FS9 without admin rights I get the red bar saying reinstall, but when I start FS9 with Admin rights it works.

Did your useraccount have voll read/write access to all data below your FS Directory?

If you could explain how to do this in VISTA maybe I'm missing something.

• Developer

I don't think it is vista related and I don't have vista.

The funny thing is, that AESHelp and AES in the FS itself will only read files placed in the FSAerosoftAES Structure. So if you can AESHelp with admin and then start FS with a user, all should work.

But you may can click on the FS Icon by pressing right mouse key and select the admin under "Access as" (I hope is is called so in english version,sould be the second item on the list)

brgds

Oliver Pabst