Not able to reinstall HelgolandX

Daniell

I am trying to reinstall HelgolandX on a fresh installed FSX with SP1 ...but nothing happens. The installer runs fine and tells me that Helgoland has been installed and it even shows up in my scenery library (when I start up FSX it telles me that the area can not be found) - but there are no files installed and there is no Helgoland folder anywhere. What is wrong?

Hello!

Do you have uninstalled Helgoland X with the Windows-Uninstall-Funktion? ("Preferences/Software" or so, i do not know the english name for it)

I'm not sure if I did that - but afterwards I have been trying to erase every trace of it in the registry. All my failed installations leave Helgoland in the registry but there is no uninstaller ...so I have to remove everything manually and therefore I could have missed something

Hello Daniell,

As Torsten says about the Add/Remove Programs, do you see an entry as per the one in the picture. You should always use this to un-install if its there.

If its there try un-installing it, then re-installing.

HelgolandXUninstall.jpg

As I said before, there is no uninstaller and it don't show up in the Add/Remove Programs - it shows up in the registry and in FSX scenery library... but there are no files installed at all.

• Root Admin

Hi,

please try this...

- Try to uninstall Helgoland with Add/Remove Programs

- Delete the HelgolandX - folder (FSX-VerszeichnisAerosoftHelgolandX ..)

- Delete Log-Files-Folder...(Hidden folder)

c:ProgrammeInstallShield Installation Information{61957FA7-34C1-4F46-871C-A0FD49848832}

- Try to install again