Huge lag with ASN, wxr causing lag?

Citation X

I'm having issues with this plane

This is a wonderful plane since I've gotten it months ago I've been flying it as my primary jet ever since but since then I've been having huge issues with lag especially when flying in bad weather. The plane gives me a solid 40-30 fps normally even in semi-bad weather I get 20 fps which isn't that bad. But whenever I fly into overcast conditions it drops to 13 to even 9 fps. Always happens when I use ASN even with default weather it is the same so switching back to default isn't an option.

I know it's not my system I've flown in the EXACT same conditions with more advanced add-ons such as the NGX and F1 Super 80 Pro and I've still gotten about 25-28 fps which is still considered smooth.

Many people say that it could be the radar but I almost never use the weather radar but I'm wondering if a tweak to disable it would help with the sudden fps drop in bad weather. This is a wonderful plane but again it's really deal breaking this for me flying the bus.

Any ideas?

It's tremendously difficult to give someone advice without knowing their system specs. 

Deskop? 

Laptop? 

Processor, including maxium speed (Turbo and any overclocking you've done)? 

Graphics Card (including any overclocking you may have done)?

What temps do your CPU and GPU run at while under the heaviest load (low frame rates) in FSX?  You can use a free program called Hardware Monitor (Google it).

If you suffer from lag with FSX (which is usually frame rates cycling between normal to very low) when you are going through clouds, it is most often your AA settings.  Try using Ansiotrophic in FSX, and turn down some of your graphics settings.  Each system is different, so you'll need to discover your optimal settings for your system for all conditions.

Also, significant speed changes can occur because of system load from FSX and other programs running at the same time, and heat. Beyond a certain temp, processor performance will start to degrade, as well GPU performance.

Additionally, you MIGHT be able to improve perform by tweaking some variables in your system, though this is not as true for those running Haswell (I7-4700) and later processors.

Finally, be sure you have the HighMemFix added to your FSX.CFG.

The following may help ...

This information is copied from this thread here:

On a few systems the Weather Radar has shown to cause severe drop in frame rates combined with some advanced settings in weather tools. It is now possible to edit some functions via the AB_ND_GDI.ini (to be found in MyDocuments\Aerosoft\Airbus. The options are explained in the comments in that file. To activate the options remove the red // character

[WXRadar]

//WXBackgroundScan=2
//Remark: Some WX data are normally required to be scanned in background even when WX Radar is switched off. Due to performance reasons on some customer systems currently the user can select between following background scanning modes: 0 = COMPLETE OFF best frame rates), 1 = LIMITED SCAN, 2 = FULL SCAN (normal status). As long as WX Radar is switched on, this parameter has no affect! This parameter is allowed to be changed at runtime (just change this parameter in INI file and safe it).

Archived