Parking positions in NavDataPro Charts

joomie

Hi,

May one shortly explain, why  one partly can't get all information describing the complete set of parking positions on airports?

The following picture as an example:

It shows a screenshot of the AGC (I guess this stands for Airport Ground Chart) for LOWI in NavDataPro Charts:

Please login to display this image.

I marked the red area where parking stands are located.

But why is there no more detailed view given which describes every single official parking position including it's location on the map, the parked aircraft's heading

and the position's identifier (number)?

Many thanks,

joomie

Hi,

for your example, LOWI hasn´t fixed positions. The parking positions are flexible and are controlled on the ground.

Please login to display this image.

In other cases (smal airports with few stands), the position are often missing on the charts.

• 3 weeks later...

There are ground markings for parking spots at LOWI, though as you can tell from the above picture, aircraft don't necessarily need to strictly adhere to them depending on the situation.

More importantly, LIDO charts (as provided by both Aerosoft and Navigraph) are developed by Lufthansa systems for real-world, commercial service customers (airlines and equivalent organizations). Aerosoft and Navigtaph being neither huge corporations nor airlines, license the charts "as-is", i.e. they have no control on the airport coverage, the format or any other customization of their contents.

Not that they are forbidden to provide feedback to Lufthansa, but if real-world airlines are fine with a given chart, there's little incentive for Lufthansa to modify it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived