Simbrief Support

Hightower

Glad to see this has been developed by Aerosoft, hopefully simbrief will also support it soon. I just bought navigraph for now because of this missing integration, but I can always switch. I'm curious to try out the LIDO charts.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Since Navigraph acquired Simbrief as per their 31st of March official disclosure, I think it is safe to assume that this project will get discontinued / cancelled by Simbrief/Navigraph. I mean, I see no reason why Navigraph would allow Simbrief AIRAC update from one of their competitors, now that Simbrief is their official owned product. Of course, time will tell, I may be wrong.

https://blog.navigraph.com/post/647197147182333952/navigraph-acquires-simbrief#:~:text=Navigraph%2C the flight simulation community's,most popular flight planning software.&text=SimBrief's flight planning functionality will continue to be free.

• 3 weeks later...
On 29.4.2021 at 14:39, silviuf84 sagte:

Since Navigraph acquired Simbrief as per their 31st of March official disclosure, I think it is safe to assume that this project will get discontinued / cancelled by Simbrief/Navigraph. I mean, I see no reason why Navigraph would allow Simbrief AIRAC update from one of their competitors, now that Simbrief is their official owned product. Of course, time will tell, I may be wrong.

https://blog.navigraph.com/post/647197147182333952/navigraph-acquires-simbrief#:~:text=Navigraph%2C the flight simulation community's,most popular flight planning software.&text=SimBrief's flight planning functionality will continue to be free.

This is very sad to hear and I guess you are right. Mathijs Kok, what would you say about it? Has the project gone? Unfortunately many addons are using SimBrief to automatically connect to flight plans and therefore SimBrief is a very useful tool. It looks like Navigraph made a very good marketing decision to buy SimBrief.

Archived