Simbrief Support

Hightower

I am a NavDataPro subscriber from the first moment of its appearance on the market. However I noticed in several cases that NDP is extremely passive in expanding into new fields. I have furthermore never seen the resposible Project Manager to show up in this thread, although he was reminded of missing SimBrief Support more than a yea ago by me personally. I'm not sure what else needs to be done to wake up Aerosoft from its lethargy in that and other respects. The present situation could be a great oppoertunity to increase the rather low market share of NavDataPro in the Navigation Data business, it would however need some real efforts by the responsible people. From what I have learned in the past, I'm not sure what the real culprit is. Maybe people with closer relationship to Aerosoft and its Leaders could increase the intensity of direct wake-up calls ?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vor 3 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

We are fully aware, but we have limited resources. 

Sorry, Mathijs, but this is not an acceptable answer. The subject ist not just arisig by now, it is now up for much more than one year, actually for two years already. If you have such "limited resources" that do not allow a solution for something that can be solved within one month, then I must ask myself whether you are in the position to really judge the importance of this whole matter. I'm afraid that you are not! We are talking about one of the most important support requests that has come up in the past months - not just a "spleeny idea" from a few Simmers. It would really be adviseable if you could convince your superiors to give this the importance it deserves !

On 15.11.2016 at 10:12, Mathijs Kok sagte:

If Simbrief wants NavDataPro to support them we'll gladly assist them. 

Ok - so we better ask SimBrief !? Well then..

vor 8 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

We are fully aware, but we have limited resources. 

I must admit I do not know what it takes to implement this or that into this or that software and/or Website. But is there a chance that it will come to SimBrief support (in the next few month)?

To be honest, years ago I had to choose between Navigraph and Aerosoft and I choose Navigraph - not because of their pricing, it was because of what they support. The various aircraft, the various Sims and last but not least the support for SimBrief. I am flying X-Plane on a Mac (yes yes I know all the cons :-)) and I still will be doing so. And I am flying online. As far as I know PFPX is not working on Mac.

I know I belong to a minority in the FlightSim-Community - but we are here and growing!

vor 15 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Ah well.... if an honest answer is not acceptable there is not a lot I can say. 

If you take this out of the context it indeed may look like kind of a "honest answer". However if you consider the fact that this discussion is going on for more than two years and you still complain about limited resources, then it is definitely a bit doubtful - to say the least. TWO YEARS, not only a few days, but TWO YEARS ! If that does not ring a bell then I must admit that I'm obvioulsy missing a few things within the world of Flight Simulation... There's of course not much more that we as stupid members of the Simmer Community can do than to remind you every day of this important gap to be closed and pray for the day to come where Aerosoft can provide enough resouces to finally fulfill this task...

After only reading in this forum for a long time this topic gets me out of the silence.

In my opinion the only reason why the SimBrief question turned up lately again is because the other navigation data provider has drastically increased the costs for their product and now people are looking for a cheaper alternative. This is of course totally ok but I don't know if this is the right motivation for coming here and trying to shame Aerosoft for not having a feature request already implemented. I am sure they have hundreds or thousands of feature requests in total for all their products. And every requester sees his request of course as the most important one, the one that if it is not getting fulfilled the world will stop spinning around from.  A product can have 1000 features, but if one feature is missing for me, this is suddenly the worst product and the worst company in the world for not giving me what I want. 

I don't know, in my grown up world things work a little bit different. I have learned that the world is not spinning around me, and if I am getting told that my wish is taken seriously and its importance is understood, that is ok for me. Pushing further reminds me on what is coming out from the children room upstairs...

For me, the fact that NavDataPro is getting geo-referenced maps and with that a moving map feature (just like I could get it from the other data provider) is much more important than the support for another add-on/tool. Also, for me it is obvious that developing such a new feature binds development resources which are not available for implementing other things at the moment. Simple 1 + 1 = 2 to me, but obviously not so for everyone in here.

Just my few cents...

I've use both navdata and charts from aerosoft from the beginning because I prefer LIDO but I also use simbrief for my flight planning which forces me to buy a couple times a year the navdata sub from navigraph so I can have useable routes on vatsim, and it is a pain in the ass and costly having to do it this way. I would love some day (soon) that aerosoft supports simbrief.

My dear Refsmmat69

Let me put one thing straight: nobody is bashing Aerosoft being the worst company on earth. Talking about a product having 1000 features, I would like to tell you a short story. Imagine an Aircraft Designer presenting a wonderfully designed new aircraft, including all the trimmings and goodies every pilot and passenger would dream of. The only disadvantage would be that when it came to design the wings, the designer was lacking resources. He therefore decided to abstain from attaching wings to this wonderful aircraft, thinking that the absence of one single feature would not weight in too much against all the other available gimmicks and goodies.  Now try to imagine in what numbers this fantastic aircraft would be sold !

And that's exactly what this thread is all about ! SimBrief has become one of the most used and most universal flight planning tools within a short time. Lacking support for such a tool has nothing to do with what you described with "every requester sees his request of course as the most important one". It is simply a fact that SimBrief as (I said it already) one of the most used flight planning tools is lacking support by NavDataPro. It does not need any reference to something " coming out from the children room upstairs" to understand that this lack of support reduces the low market share of NavDataPro even more. Ok, maybe in your world a market share for a product is the least important thing, but I doubt that this is the way a commercial company would and should think.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Any updates on this? I just came back to the flight sim world from the FSX days, testing out XP11 and waiting for the MSFS. I just purchased a years worth of NDP a few days ago as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived