2 questions: Wing sweep and Fuel transfer

reflected

Hi All,

I have 2 quick questions:

1) WING EXT TRANS - how should I set it? The manual says "auto", but the Aerosoft checklist says "off" when taxiing, and it doesn't mention it anymore.

2) In the manual it wasn't clear to me: can I assign the wing sweep buttons (extend, retract, manual, auto, bomb) to some buttons without FSUIPC?

Many thanks in advance for the help.

Greg

Q1 was another one I have failed to find in the NATOPS as to why, given the weight on wheels (WoW) switch will activate the motive flow for the wing tank and drop fuel flow. I looked in both the B and D NATOPS, in AUTO during initial cockpit checks, then placed to OFF during the POST START checks. The fuel system on the Tomcat is pretty complex, so I hope our resident Tomcat driver can enlighten us. I make sure it's in AUTO after the gear come up, also the mini-HUD view will show if fuel is transferring from the wing/externals.

The vid doesn't follow the checklist, but sounds like an external audio playback program is running. vLSO doesn't have that "chatter" feature.

I'll just set it to auto then, until I find the answer. 

Another contradictory point is the inlet ramps: at what point do you set them to auto? Before engine start (according to the NATOPS) or after, when you are about to taxi (like on the in game checklist)?

OK, finally had some time to try:

WING EXT TRANS - I set it to OFF before taxiing as in the NATOPS. Then at some point in flight my engines flamed out at the same time, and I couldn't restart them at all. Perhaps there was no fuel flow? I can't be sure, but it seems that it's safer to fly with it set to AUTO. Would be nice to hear a real F-14 pilot's input on this.

Wing sweep - the way I would have set it up would be one button to set it to bomb mode, one to set it to auto, one to increase sweep (and automatically set it to manual) and one to decrease. The way it seem to be working is that there are 2 buttons to flip and close the cover, and 2 buttons to cycle back and forth between oversweep - bomb mode - auto mode. Or is there something I did wrong?

The cover is on emergency sweep lever. It is mapped to "Prop pitch lever" (axe control). The buttons (auto, bomb, increase/decrease sweep) you are talking about are independent of emergency sweep lever. I mapped them to one of the HAT buttons on the throttle grip. Up-Auto, Down-Bomb, Right-decrease sweep, Left-Increase sweep. To be able to control this you have to move emergency sweep lever to front position and close the cover.

That's exactly what I'm trying to do. I have a hat switch on my throttle and I would like to assign the same way. How do these translate to FSX/ P3D assignments without using FSUIPC?

The 4 concorde nose visor assignments don't work like this for me as I described above.

Archived