Help please

WAD3

I keep getting a crash when I fly the Seahawk/ Jayhawk. I just purchased it last week so I imagine it is up to date. It happens when I hover around to a parking spot. It has happened to me in Alaska in Portland and most recently it happened on the Boxer in San Francisco. I cant imagine what could cause this since it happens at so many different areas. Also just before the crash the alarm for the decision height (I believe) sounds for a long time.

Andrew

If the sound issue is the only common thread, it would sound like a corrupt sound file to me. Have you tried a reinstall yet?

Well I tried a reinstall and I even bought the Coast Guard package and I still get a problem. I land the DH squeels and thats it. The only way to get the computer to work again is hold the power button. This is making me sick. I really want to fly the Helicopter but if I land it's over.

Andrew

Well I guess no one from Aerosoft cares to deal with this problem I am having. I can say though the lockup after landing has happened on two machines. Is ther an update maybe? Please help someone.

Andrew

Andrew, Shaun (Aerosoft) asked you a question above which you haven't answered and as the Aerosoft reps in this forum are mainly European, don't be suprised when you don't recieve an answer when posting at around midnight and 2am (give or take an hour) their time ;)

I'm sure when you've answered Shauns question and they've risen from their sleepy pits, they will get sraight back to you 8)

OK Fair enough. Both issues should be answered with the fact I had the the same problems on another computer. I cant imagine I would have a corrupt install/ sound card issues on another computer. I am actually disappointed that the Seahawk/ Coast Guard packages are having this problem on another computer because I may not be able to fix the issue.

Andrew

Hello Andrew,

I asked you which soundcard you had for a reason, the Audigy 2Z in well renowed for causing crashes in software.

Try this if you can, start your Computer in Safemode and then load FS9 it may tell you this and that but still load it if possible, then load the Seahawk and do exactly what you did before when it crashed ands see whjat happens.

Well after some long testing I finally figured out the problem is related to the autopilot and not the sound card. I had a realtek sound card by the way.

I found out after flying a round in various places that if I use the autopilot it will cause the crash. If I fly around without using any of the autopilot features I can land takeoff as much as I want and never have an issue. As soon as I use auto hover and all of the movement controls I can fly all aound but as soon as I touch the ground the sim crashes.

I imagine there will be no help for this so I will just have to live with it.

Andrew

Hello Andrew,

Take a look in the following folder,

*:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9AerosoftSounds

You'll find some Seahawk sound files, take these out of that folder to a new safe location then try the flight, does it then crash, if not then add them back a few at a time to see which sound might cause you an issue.

Thanks Shaun I will try this weekend and get back to you. Thanks for helping while I try to figure this out. Did you also see me mention it only happens after I use the Auto hover and the SAS controls?

Andrew