Slow response only after very long flights

Every now and then, when I am alone, I do take very long flights, usually inspired by real friends real flights.  Yesterday I flew from Frankfurt to Buenos Aires.  Total distance is approx. 6500nm.  After 12 hrs and 4000nm things slowed down.  Every keystroke demands a few seconds of waiting before the required response, so that it becomes impossible to quickly change speed, altitude and heading.  My videocard is Nvidea 750TI with FSX booster.  I have a lot of payware airports and 16gb of RAM.  Strange that it all works well flying for a couple of hours, but on long hauls, it slows down.  Has anyone experienced something similar?

Sounds like a heating issue. On short haul your computer does not get the time to heat up, but on long haul it does and at a certain point becomes too hot. Try adding more cooling.

Currently repeating the flight EDDF to SAEZ with some changes:  My MSI 750TI card is set to OC with the fan in automode.  Temperature on this card is very low, standard, but now it is never over 40 degrees.  That helps.  So the "mystery" about my new screen, the Eizo EV2455.  I do get very low framerate, but the picture runs as if the framrate were 20-25 f/s higher - all in all very well.  I suspect that the screen may support some Nvidea-technology that neither I or FSX has ever heard about.  I have plenty of payware airports, scenery and so forth so this is good news.  Earlier I had a TN-screen, Samsung Syncmaster 245B, but it stopped working after 5 years.  I also use this machine for picture editing, so an IPS-screen with a responsetime of 5ms is a good choice for both simming and photoediting/videoediting, but these low framerates puzzles me, I'd like to understand, tough the picture is good as before.  The screen also came with a USB 3.0 connection, would that increase framerates over my DVI-cable?

I have now made a profile which ensures the fan is running in "automode".  Testet it and temp never exceeded 52 dgrs.  Once or twice the core clock switched up to 1215 mhz. which led to framerates of several hundreds for a short while.  I did land well in Buenos Aires, but seriously thinking about buying Frankfurt am Main, but it is a beast of an airport which certainly takes its toll on my framerates.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for replies.  I did refly the trip and got the same problem. Then I made a small "commandline"-instruction which clears my Windows-cache and flew 3000nm with no serious issues, stuttering now and then, but buttons in cockpit worked well.  The entire trip from Buenos Aires to Forth Worth, Dallas is approx. 4600nm.  I reloaded it after some 1500nm because of sluggish responstime.  Made the commandline-instruction, used it twice and had no serious issues.  I missed my approach the first time because of too high speed, but that happens to us all :)  I fly B747-400 so seldom.  If anyone else wants to test it, I attach it to this post.  Any comments would be appreciated, but in theory it shouldn't make any difference, but I things went well after using at as a precausion.  So who knows?

Archived