Spoilers

EI137

Hello,

I was flying on an Airbus a320 to Ireland yesterday and saw that on landing the aileron on the left and probably the right wing/s went up on touchdown, would this ever be considered?

Please login to display this image.

Thouse are the spoilers, they go up when touchdown because they are armed for the purpose of helping the stop of the airplane. Is a normal procedure for braking as well as the reverse of both engines and the autobrakes of the gears. 

More information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spoiler_(aeronautics)

Regards

Asier Campà (LEPP)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi EI137,

the MSN we modeled, actually a fantasy non existing aircraft, does not have this modification. As the newest Airbuses also do not have it anymore we choose not to model the ailerons deflecting upwards upon touchdown. 

On 26/10/2016 at 10:14 PM, EI137 said:

Hello,

I was flying on an Airbus a320 to Ireland yesterday and saw that on landing the aileron on the left and probably the right wing/s went up on touchdown, would this ever be considered?

Please login to display this image.

Oh, i didn't notice the aileron when I wrote my first answer. Now everything has sense :P. Sorry about that

Archived