PFPX LAT/LON ERROR

Hi all, 

Having an issue when building routes in the oceanic regions, PFPX (1.28) is changing the format of the LAT/LON waypoints (see image below). I understand the correct format should be like N62W020. but no how matter I try entering the way point in wants to change to format to an incorrect format and subsequently fails CFMU validation. I have a feeling the route won't export correctly either.

Please login to display this image.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

ta

Stephen

• 1 month later...

Hello,

There is definitely something with the LAT/LONG format in pfpx recently. I have the same problem as the OP no matter how I enter the waypoint in the flight plan. Whether I right click on the chart to select them or enter them manually in the route with the ICAO format, PFPX converts them all into this weird format.

By the way, when hovering the cursor above a waypoint on the chart, the lat/long also appears that way in the waypoint info box.

Is it link with the Navdatapro or come from the latest pfpx update?

I'm preparing a oceanic route between LFPG and KJFK and there is no way to get a correctly displayed flight plan, which blocks the CFMU validation as well.

Thanks.

EDIT: I can have a correct route but it means I have to correct the format of all the lat/long waypoint once the route has been built and rebuild the route. It is really tedious!

1 hour ago, Budbud said:

Hello,

There is definitely something with the LAT/LONG format in pfpx recently. I have the same problem as the OP no matter how I enter the waypoint in the flight plan. Whether I right click on the chart to select them or enter them manually in the route with the ICAO format, PFPX converts them all into this weird format.

By the way, when hovering the cursor above a waypoint on the chart, the lat/long also appears that way in the waypoint info box.

Is it link with the Navdatapro or come from the latest pfpx update?

I'm preparing a oceanic route between LFPG and KJFK and there is no way to get a correctly displayed flight plan, which blocks the CFMU validation as well.

Thanks.

EDIT: I can have a correct route but it means I have to correct the format of all the lat/long waypoint once the route has been built and rebuild the route. It is really tedious!

Here is a quick plan and IFPS validated route with no adjustment using NG1613 AIRAC:

(FPL-DAESL-IN
-B77L/H-SDE1FGHIJ5RWXYZ/LD1
-LFPG1725
-N0443F360 LGL UN502 JSY UN160 LIZAD UL739 GAPLI DCT RODEL DCT 51N020W 51N030W
 50N040W 48N050W DCT YYT J575 LEXAK Q806 YHZ DCT TUSKY DCT PLYMM
-KJFK0712
-PBN/A1B1C1D1L1O1S1 NAV/RNVD1E2A1 DOF/161210
 REG/DAESL PER/C)

Can you post your ATC plan that is submitting?

Hello,

Here is with AIRAC 1613 Navdatapro:

(FPL-AFR8-IS
-B77W/H-SDE1E2E3FGHIJ3J5M1RWXY/LB2D1
-LFPG1735
-N0482F340 EVX UT300 SENLO UN502 JSY UN160 LND UM142 LESLU DCT BEXET DCT
 DOGAL/M084F350 DCT N55 00 W020 00 N56 00 W030 00 N56 00 W040 00 N55 00 W050 00
 DCT LOMSI/N0483F360 N619A MIILS DCT ENE PARCH2
-KJFK0725 KEWR
-PBN/A1B1C1D1L1O1S1 DOF/161210 REG/FGZNL
 EET/EGTT0042 EISN0105 EGGX0148 N55 00 W020 000212 CZQX0257 N56 00 W040 000340
 N55 00 W050 000424 CZUL0525 CZQM0558 KZBW0616 KZWY0720
 SEL/CPDQ CODE/3965AB RVR/75 PER/D 
 RALT/EINN CYYT
-E/0903)

As the AIRAC data is encoded I cannot check if the formatting you see comes from the Aerosoft LIDO data, hopefully the Aerosoft team can check.

The format you have using AS: N55 00 W020 00 data is incorrect and hence the IFPS validation rejection.

If this is formatted as N5500W02000 it will clear.

However further issues arise when validating the EETP and associated time entry, N5500W020000212 will fail whereas  using 5500N02000W02012 clears.

I'm no expert in the field but the ICAO format appears to be incorrect.

Yes, that is the problem, the lat/long format is wrong inside pfpx.

My guess is that the problem would have appeared after the last AIRAC 1613 because my last flight plan with lat/long waypoints is dated 26/11 so with the AIRAC 1612 and I don't recall having had any issue with the format.

I will check if I can go back to the 1612 (I think I have backed up the nav database with navdatapro). 

Then I will try to reinstall the 1613 to see if it changes something.

Hello,

I think the issue with the lat/long format comes from the Navdatapro AIRAC.

I have tested installing the AIRAC 1613 from Navigraph and the waypoints formats seem to be correct. When reinstalling the AIRAC from Navdatapro, the issue appears again

Can someone from PFPX and Aerosoft check together if they can confirm the issue is there and fix it?

Thanks.

Here two screenshots to illustrate:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

As posted also on the Navdatapro forum, I haven't had any update from the issue with the Lat/long format with Navdatapro. The ticket to the support is closed stated the problem would be followed on the forum.

Any idea from someone work on either software please?

Hi,

I am having the same format error with AIRAC 1210 and 1302, and when hovering a wpt in PFPX it shows the format correct e.g. 5520N.

I am using 1.27 for the moment, som y 50 cents is that it is a PFPX bug/feature...

Owe Wiktorsso

SAS108

32 minutes ago, Owepilot said:

Hi,

I am having the same format error with AIRAC 1210 and 1302, and when hovering a wpt in PFPX it shows the format correct e.g. 5520N.

I am using 1.27 for the moment, som y 50 cents is that it is a PFPX bug/feature...

Owe Wiktorsso

SAS108

Have you tried validating a route using 5520N format ?

Using the format as supplied by NG as posted above there is no issue, ie 52N020W

Yes and it works, the strange thing is that when reading the OFP, the format is correct and that works well also when inserting the wpt into FMGC on my bus.

As I am flying with Scandinavian Virtual, we have a SVATT-NG tool which creates a .pln, when pating the route created with PFPX, I need to correct the lat/long wpt's to the aforementioned format. My AIRAC is Navigraph...

5520N fails as does N55 00 W020 00 :

whereas 55N020W will pass, you can see the difference in data pictured in Romains post:

Acceptable IFPS format:

Geographical co-ordinates shall consist of either:

2 degrees latitude followed by 3 degrees longitude,

or 2 degrees and 2 minutes latitude followed by 3 degrees and 2 minutes longitude

or by 2 degrees, 2 minutes and 2 seconds latitude followed by 3 degrees, 2 minutes and 2 seconds longitude.
Examples:

46N078W
4620N05805W
462013N0580503W

• 4 weeks later...

Archived