Frightning T4 / 5

Ecthaelion

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/5/2017 at 11:01 AM, wingman5 said:

To create the swing wing means delving into the realms of fantasy which is not what this project was about . Still you never know , I did say I wouldn't do the T5!

Anyway the journey might not yet be over..........................

Sir, I understand completely.  I have never really been into the Fantasy Aircraft in regards to Flight Simulation and shall we be honest; How serious a proposal was the Naval Lightning?  It would have been an extremely heavy aircraft and for the day a technological / mechanical nightmare and not to mention operational maintenance.

This said, with your talent as a model creator coupled with a good amount of imagination I am certain you could render a rather unique and interesting product in the Naval Fright and perhaps quite popular.  As you say "You never know" :)   Only thing is...  What on earth would the RN called it?  

Many thanks for your reply and please keep up the good work, my wife is convinced you are some mad, evil scientist that is running some sort of twisted social experiment due to the sounds of anguish issuing from my man cave last week as I bent and writhed my Lightning T5 round the circuit at Team SDB's new Binbrook scenery at night with AS16 giving me real world weather.   1500ft, 300kias and trying to keep her inside the MATZ for touch and go's in complete darkness complete with not so nice weather was excruciating.  The look of sweat drenched agony on my face when I finally descended down the stairs and into the kitchen was apparently quite the picture...  She was even more astonished when I refused food.   I blamed you of course and she is convinced.  

Cheers Wingman, looking forwards with anticipation to the future.  **Cough, cough: "Jaguar??? after the Lightning" ** :D:D:D:D

5 hours ago, Ecthaelion said:

my wife is convinced you are some mad, evil scientist that is running some sort of twisted social    experiment 

Oh she knows me then ! :P Kudos for the night flying.... scares the hell out of me .

There was serious consideration given for the naval version,

the two man crew would have offered  pilot and nav / weapons officer, two up being legally necessary for deploying nukes .

Dave

On 5 August 2017 at 2:01 PM, wingman5 said:

Hi Ecthaelion

Glad I could get the blood racing:P , Had a lot of those symptoms myself during the making of it ( come to think of it when I worked on them as well !)

Trouble with the Navy version is .... it was never more than a proposal.

The whole concept of this Lightning project was to produce an accurate representation of the type , and I have measured and photographed every inch to get it as accurate as I can. To create the swing wing means delving into the realms of fantasy which is not what this project was about . Still you never know , I did say I wouldn't do the T5!

Anyway the journey might not yet be over..........................

Please login to display this image.

D

That looks amazing, is that in V4?

Also it looks like 11 squadron is coming through on the tail.

3 hours ago, DaleRFU said:

That looks amazing, is that in V4?

Also it looks like 11 squadron is coming through on the tail.

Yes and yes..  it's wip so I just used 901 spec as fallback.... it is a good way to apply "ghost" markings though, the tail letters were always being changed , and you could sometimes see the remnants of the old code when the angle of light was just right

D

Great to see all the Lightnings variant coming to a conclusion.

I wouldn't blame you if you were completely done with developing anymore aircraft given the years involved with the Lightning, though your aircraft have been a pleasure to use.

Archived