Frightning T4 / 5

Ecthaelion

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, TheCameronPerson said:

If there's anyone who doesn't want a pink Lightning and wants a more up to date paint then I've started preparing a repaint for the T5 and no guesses as to what scheme it is..

Im preparing it in the F6 paintkit so when the T5 is ready at least I've got all the layers prepared to transfer over.. and yes I've tried this scheme on the F6 and it looks bloody awful, I'm very glad Thunder City decided not to paint up there's in the same way! :D

C.

I'd hold your horses Cameron, the shape of the front fuselage means the texture would not sit right ,  and the canopy and spine are on a diffeent sheet....

and the tank is as on the F3 ! ..... and you might be duplicating my efforts .:)

D

• 3 weeks later...

Finally! I Found this topic about this screen ;) :

Please login to display this image.

Why no any news on Preview products? :-) I spent a lot of time to find who do this (but it was easy) ....

13 hours ago, YoYo said:

Finally! I Found this topic about this screen ;) :

Why no any news on Preview products? :-) I spent a lot of time to find who do this (but it was easy) ....

Hi Yo Yo

I haven't even informed Mathijs officially ( although  I'm sure his omnipotence will have spotted it :0).,

It was just in reply to the initial post as to the liklihood of there being a T5. But as Eivin says , it's undergoing initial beta testing. When I'm happy with it I'll pass it over to Mathijas for his approval ... and

I guess he'll announce it in the previws.

Dave

10 hours ago, wingman5 said:

Hi Yo Yo

I haven't even informed Mathijs officially ( although  I'm sure his omnipotence will have spotted it :0).,

It was just in reply to the initial post as to the liklihood of there being a T5. But as Eivin says , it's undergoing initial beta testing. When I'm happy with it I'll pass it over to Mathijas for his approval ... and

I guess he'll announce it in the previws.

Dave

Ok, now its clear. It looks promising and my fingers are crossed.

Do You plan to have discount for owners of F.3 and/or F.6? :)

It looks brilliant, can't wait for this one, I don't know why but i always thought the tubs were slightly better looking than the single seaters.. 

Thanks Dave you've done it again, even though you're a one man job you always knock it out of the park :)

C.

8 minutes ago, peter197 said:

I don't mean to be demanding but will the shiny element be applied to the F6 and F3 packages?

Hi Peter

Not at the moment , it requires the material settings in the MDL files to be altered , and then all the textures applied to the fuselage and wings plus a few others ....  diffuse, alpha , and spec... have to be replaced or toned..

All very time consuming considering it covers six models and 20+ texture sets.

Once I have finished the T5 , I'll look into it.

9 hours ago, wingman5 said:

Hi Peter

Not at the moment , it requires the material settings in the MDL files to be altered , and then all the textures applied to the fuselage and wings plus a few others ....  diffuse, alpha , and spec... have to be replaced or toned..

All very time consuming considering it covers six models and 20+ texture sets.

Once I have finished the T5 , I'll look into it.

Dave I do not mind helping you convert the alphas and speculars for each texture on the F6.  The alternative would be to create 2 fallback folders for specular.  One for the mostly metal finish and one for the mostly painted finishes.   We could create a practical set of standard speculars which would cover all types without having to do individual ones.  The alphas would still have to be toned down for all of the painted ones and adjusted for the current all metal ones.  I don't mind helping if you choose to make the mod to the F6.  If you do just email me.  The T5 looks spectacular!  :-D

I will buy the T5 the instant it is published!

I'd really like to see the same materials and textures back-dated to the F3 and F6, both of which I own and love flying.

Given that the lighting (and therefore use of materials) is slightly different in the more recent versions of Prepar3D will there be different texture sets (and paintkit) for the two sims?

Andy

On 1/15/2017 at 8:08 PM, 000BIGMAC000 said:

Dave I do not mind helping you convert the alphas and speculars for each texture on the F6.  The alternative would be to create 2 fallback folders for specular.  One for the mostly metal finish and one for the mostly painted finishes.   We could create a practical set of standard speculars which would cover all types without having to do individual ones.  The alphas would still have to be toned down for all of the painted ones and adjusted for the current all metal ones.  I don't mind helping if you choose to make the mod to the F6.  If you do just email me.  The T5 looks spectacular!  :-D

Hi Rick

I appreciate the offer, but nothing is ever straight forward ...... like you I'm an inveterate tinkerer so  there are parts of the F3/6 models I'd like to update , but that will all have to wait  until the T5 is finished  as that is where I'm concentrating my efforts at the moment. Once that's done I'll have the time to set to and bring them all up to scratch.

Cheers

D

44 minutes ago, Airtrooper said:

I will buy the T5 the instant it is published!

I'd really like to see the same materials and textures back-dated to the F3 and F6, both of which I own and love flying.

Given that the lighting (and therefore use of materials) is slightly different in the more recent versions of Prepar3D will there be different texture sets (and paintkit) for the two sims?

Andy

Only if it is necessary !

D

No worries Dave! Understood. From the looks of the T5, you've done a great job...and if you're like me...you'll not be able to stop yourself from tinkering and will inadvertently take on the next project!  :-D     LOL.   

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TheCameronPerson said:

Do you think the T5 will have the Tacpack air to air TACAN function? 

C. 

Yes it has... Dont expect too much from it though as it authentically only gives you range  and not direction . you have to ask the tanker for his position :P.

D

On ‎04‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 4:56 PM, peter197 said:

Will the T.55 and T.4 be made as well by chance?

No overseas versions of the Lightning single-seaters have been produced, so I wouldn't hold my breath on the T55/F52/F53.

I don't know if Dave has plans to issue an external-only T4, as he very kindly did for the F1A/F2/F2A. If he does, it'll have the same VC as the T5.

Dave

Archived