Frightning T4 / 5

Ecthaelion

21 hours ago, dhazelgrove said:

I wouldn't hold my breath on the T55/F52/F53.

Dave

IF I can find the info for the weapons and release systems (and get them to wotk).... you'll get a T55............. so breathe easy ;)

Please login to display this image.

DR

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, wingman5 said:

IF I can find the info for the weapons and release systems (and get them to wotk).... you'll get a T55

Maybe the Gatwick Aviation Museum have some paperwork on this kind of stuff, I seem to recall hearing that they had all Saudi documents on the T.55 and F.53 when they bought their airframe.. Failing that Midland Air Museum have a T.55 if my memory serves me well..

Cameron.

15 hours ago, dhazelgrove said:

Wot, no Matras?

Dave

Aye, but don't trust everything you see in a photo ! As far as I'm aware those overwing Matra fuel packs although real , were just jury rigged for the airshow ,.... trying to drum up some interest to fund development .

I dont believe they were ever trialled , let alone released for service.........unless you know different !

@ Cameron ,  I doubt the museums would be much use,.Even if the cockpit isn't stripped out they dont let you climb all over them let alone open the canopy (no power or hyd) 

D

Would this be any help ? Its the F.53 cockpit at Tangmere but I imagine armament selectors would be the same as they were in the T55. The details a bit hard to pick up zoomed in but maybe you'd be able to make heads and tails of it better than me ;)

https://www.haraldjoergens.com/panoramas/lightning/

Cameron.

You mean like these?

At rest.

Now..... where did I put that Crew Chief....?

Passing the Boss - trying to look professional.

Damned nosewheel.....

There's a Vulcan around here somewhere.....

Dave

At Leconfield for practice touch'n'gos. There are a few of us here. "E" flight of 202 Squadron are here to look after us, together with a Canberra T17 from 360 Squadron. No Vulcan yet.

Dave

Greetings! And nice screenshots. 

One thing is for sure. This bird will give you a ride not soon forgotten. Never knew beta testing was so much fun.B)

One of the nicer behinds in aviation history. 

Click and click again to watch in full size

So long!

E :)

Found by a Vulcan!! I'm so shocked.....

.....that I ended up on the grass.

OK, so it's XH558 in her final display scheme.

Dave

On 2/11/2017 at 7:21 AM, YoYo said:

It looks better and better. Any official info, it will be released or not ;) ?

It will be released !..... no point in giving out a date that I couldnt keep to.... that just gets people annoyed.

The models are finished ... just trying to figure out the codeing for weapon loading............so it could be soon..... or not so soon :unsure:

Cheers

D

19 hours ago, Eivin Stenso said:

Greetings! And nice screenshots. 

One of the nicer behinds in aviation history. 

E :)

Good Lord  Eivin !  that last shot is simply stunning..... it took ME a while to realise I wasn't looking at a photograph !................

almost ashamed to post my miserable effort :huh:

D

Good Lord  Eivin !  that last shot is simply stunning..... it took ME a while to realise I wasn't looking at a photograph !................

almost ashamed to post my miserable effort 

Many thanks. It sure helps having such a great looking aircraft to take screenshots of. And now I cannot wait to get my hands on that bravo-bravo-delta paint for some more, hopefully nice screenshots.:wub:

Heres a couple of the more experimantal ones. Taken at night and at the altitudes where the Lightning thrives. Notice the curvature

I like to climb to the Tropopause and then build up as much speed as possible, then trade speed for altitude (zoom) to get to the really high altitudes 

Archived