Frightning T4 / 5

Ecthaelion

To those who could walk among us as Virtual Modelling Gods...  To they who gave us the Holy Grail of Fighter Interceptor Models for us mere mortals to play with to our hearts delight....

Ok shutting the heck up....

David and Team....  Forgive me if this has been brought up before on this forum but alas I am old and my search skills are shockingly poor, is there even the remotest chance of a Lightning T4 or 5? 

I do realise that there is a world of difference between the single and twin seat aircraft but it would complete the homage paid to this superb aircraft in virtual form and... Oh to have cockpit sharing!!!! :D

All the best and many thanks for such a wonderful Lightning model (I own both the 3 and 6 of course and have been a supporter of the LPG since the heady days of mid 90's and XX894 at Brunt)

Regards...

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the answer was no a while back...

To be honest if I saw greater expansion in the Lightning series, I would be more itnerested in accurate cockpits of the F1 and F2. But what I would be the most happy with would to have flight dynamics for them that are representative instead of a port over from the F3. My humble opinion at least.

True I did say no to the "T" birds...... but that was a while back , and I get bored easily

so its possible you might be getting this view before ere-long..................

Please login to display this image.

@ Peter, the flight dynamics and handling for all the Lightning marks was virtually identical because very little of the airframe changed.

, the crank in the wing of the 2's and 6's gave slightly better handling at low speed and more drag at max, but it is not something you could feel or reproduce by changing the FD.. the only real difference was the engine thrust and weight , and that is reflected in the various models.

As for the F1 and F2 cockpits ... I do not have access to any so could not create a true representation.

Cheers

Dave

Well a T bird Lightning I certainly didn't expect but wow!

I mean tell me if I'm wrong but it doesn't feel like the F1 and F2 have less thrust to the F3 in any way? I can tell drag in the F6 is higher as it takes a little longer to get to Mach 2, and it 'seems' the F2A is the least spritely of all and seems more under powered to the F6.

9 hours ago, peter197 said:

Well a T bird Lightning I certainly didn't expect but wow!

I mean tell me if I'm wrong but it doesn't feel like the F1 and F2 have less thrust to the F3 in any way? I can tell drag in the F6 is higher as it takes a little longer to get to Mach 2, and it 'seems' the F2A is the least spritely of all and seems more under powered to the F6.

The F1 and 2 have Avon 210 engines  so if you look in the .cfgs  under  [TurbineEngineData] the thrust is 11250 lbs whereas the Avon 302 of the F3 and 6 gives 12600 lbs.   

But as I say the physical performance difference  between the various  marks was indistinguishable from the point of view of the pilot , the change from F1/2 to F3/6 gave better avionics/weapons  not more performance.

D

On 10/22/2016 at 10:08 PM, TheCameronPerson said:

Wow! A T5 would be brilliant! How long have you been working on it?

Once the F6 was released and settled,......... and the LPG took custody of the front fuselage section of XV382, which gave me access to take all the measurements...., I thought it churlish not to :D.D .

3 hours ago, wingman5 said:

I thought it churlish not to :D.D .

I think we're all glad you did, she looks brilliant! Can't wait to have a few 'tubs' to fly in over Lincolnshire :D  Any ideas on the kind of paints available with this one?

Dave, what can I say?    Thank you so much.  It has been many years since I was last at Brunt (XX894), I need to plan a visit to meet some old friends up there and to pay my respects to my ex "Grandma".  When I am up there Beers and Lunch are on me for this T.5.  Wonderful to see this, great news!

On 10/24/2016 at 2:27 PM, TheCameronPerson said:

Any ideas on the kind of paints available with this one?

Don't worry , i'll leave Cranfields XS458 scheme in your capable hands ;)

16 minutes ago, wingman5 said:

Don't worry , i'll leave Cranfields XS458 scheme in your capable hands ;)

Hahaha read my mind!! Just having a play around with the different channels to get the metal just right.. quite a learning experience I must say! Quite glad I can now apply it to an actual T5 soon :)

On 25/10/2016 at 2:52 PM, TheCameronPerson said: apply it to an actual T5 soon :)

Obviously you've got your own life and I'm sure you're very busy and I don't want to be "that bloke" who never shuts up with the 'when' question but I feel like we're all thinking it so here goes.. 

Any idea when we might see this, feeling like an early Christmas present is due if it's out before then ;)

On 10/27/2016 at 2:05 AM, TheCameronPerson said:

Any idea when we might see this, feeling like an early Christmas present is due if it's out before then ;)

Sorry I can't give any time scale , even after I think it is ready... the beta testers might think otherwise:angry:

D

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎28‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 4:36 PM, wingman5 said:

Sorry I can't give any time scale , even after I think it is ready... the beta testers might think otherwise:angry:

D

Ready when you are.....

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, wingman5 said:

And pray what is wrong with pink Lightnings ?????;)

Not a thing other than it hasn't been released yet, so I cannot fly it...  :P

--WH

If there's anyone who doesn't want a pink Lightning and wants a more up to date paint then I've started preparing a repaint for the T5 and no guesses as to what scheme it is..

Im preparing it in the F6 paintkit so when the T5 is ready at least I've got all the layers prepared to transfer over.. and yes I've tried this scheme on the F6 and it looks bloody awful, I'm very glad Thunder City decided not to paint up there's in the same way! :D

C.

Archived