MAP Frankfurt v2 / SODE Update

Dear aerosoft, 

I am customer and user of MAP Frankfurt v2. As you may have already read in the title, there is a topic that has been not talked about from the offical site yet. Nevertheless, I'd like to take the opportunity after the 5 months of release.

Is there a planned update for SODE-Jetways for us Prepar3D users? If yes, how long will we have to wait for it? :) 

Thanks in advance!

Vor 1 Stunde, flusi748 sagte:

The strange thing is: I remember a post from @Mathijs Kok or a developer who said something about a possible jetway solution for P3D and SODE was mentioned in this context. I am pretty sure about that !

But I cannot find the post anymore also not after using the search - maybe it was planned but isn't anymore and deleted the post...

If this is the case it will be a pitty because SODE 1.4 with GSX would be awesome and as far as I know the implementation of SODE is very easy and the developer helps sometimes.

Good question @Doughnut1621 ! Hope to hear a statement by an Aerosoft staff member soon :)

I remember that post as well @flusi748. That was the same I was thinking about.

After time, using GSX at the Gates isn't very nice anymore. If there won't be an update I am a bit dissapointed :wacko:

I hope Aerosoft can fulfill this desire.

On 13.5.2016 at 18:10, Premek sagte:

CHANGELOG: 

1.00        Release Version

1.01        Workaround for faulty GSX behaviour interfering with APC

New AutogenModifierLauncher execution for Windows 8 / 10

1.02        Fixed AutogenModifier in P3D

1.03        Fixed AFCAD (mainly for RWY12 - positions / range / start point / treshold)

Extended range of approach lights visibility (from ca.8 mi to ca.30 mi)

1.04       Dynamic Jetways feature added

1.05       Dynamic Jetways should not cause dramatic FPS drop, jetways are controllable via Ctrl+J, jetways at stands 27-31 are fixed now (no more "short" for some a/c)

To quote the MAP Prague Changelog, which has been released a week before Frankfurt.

vor 21 Minuten, flusi748 sagte:

Don't quote me down but I find it is a pitty that nobody want to answer here. Sometimes I can not understand why Aerosoft answer to questions which asked several times but to such big questions there is no response...

It won't be a pitty if there won't be an update with SODE but no response is a pitty in my eyes.

I have to add that we understand it if Aerosoft is very busy at the time.

It will be very nice to hear from Aerosoft :) 

Thanks! I was about to say the same! 

And if it is such a big hassle to implement SODE, Jeffrey Stähli offers to do SODE Jetways for the commercial developers (for a small fee) as he can do it very easily. Would be worth a thought instead of announcing it and not answering now.

On 28.10.2016 at 20:58, Nthabti sagte:

And if it is such a big hassle to implement SODE, Jeffrey Stähli offers to do SODE Jetways for the commercial developers (for a small fee) as he can do it very easily. Would be worth a thought instead of announcing it and not answering now.

+10.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 14/10/2016 at 3:56 PM, flusi748 said:

The strange thing is: I remember a post from @Mathijs Kok or a developer who said something about a possible jetway solution for P3D and SODE was mentioned in this context. I am pretty sure about that !

But I cannot find the post anymore also not after using the search - maybe it was planned but isn't anymore and deleted the post...

If this is the case it will be a pitty because SODE 1.4 with GSX would be awesome and as far as I know the implementation of SODE is very easy and the developer helps sometimes.

Good question @Doughnut1621 ! Hope to hear a statement by an Aerosoft staff member soon :)

It was officially announced by @Fabian Boulegue (and maybe others) but as @SirTipf stated i also think this will never happen. By the way, here is the YouTube Stream from Airdailyx where the announcement was mentioned (02:23:18): 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzBHxBNHW9Y

Maybe someone from Aerosoft could make a statement to this?

Guys, your only chance is to vote with your wallet. I am glad I did and I hope you did also. If you bought the product because of some promises, than you are basically screwed now. I am 99% sure, that you will never see SODE in EDDF. And why should they care now, they have your money already.

EDIT: I remember this promise very well and was quite surprised about it. It WAS a promise...

vor 3 Minuten, david.hilker sagte:

Guys, your only chance is to vote with your wallet. I am glad I did and I hope you did also. If you bought the product because of some promises, than you are basically screwed now. I am 99% sure, that you will never see SODE in EDDF. And why should they care now, they have your money already.

EDIT: I remember this promise very well and was quite surprised about it. It WAS a promise...

You're totally right - unfortunately i was one of the guys wo bought it way too early. And i were less upset if Aerosoft would just officially acknowledge that they promised something that they could not deliver now. But instead they're just claiming that such a promise was never made:

I watched the stream from ADX and it was officially announced there as it apparently was here in the forum (as you and others stated). This is just embarrassing.

vor 2 Minuten, busychild sagte:

I watched the stream from ADX and it was officially announced there as it apparently was here in the forum (as you and others stated). This is just embarrassing.

Maybe it is still available on twitch? When replaying a stream on twitch, the chat is also visible. I watched that stream back then and remember it as well. But actually it is not helping if we can proof anything :) Since Oliver Pabst is involved, he will not strengthen his biggest competitor. It is quite logical and somewhat understandable. But why they promised it? Only to lure some sillies like you into buying it anyway :)

vor 2 Minuten, david.hilker sagte:

Maybe it is still available on twitch? When replaying a stream on twitch, the chat is also visible. I watched that stream back then and remember it as well. But actually it is not helping if we can proof anything :) Since Oliver Pabst is involved, he will not strengthen his biggest competitor. It is quite logical and somewhat understandable. But why they promised it? Only to lure some sillies like you into buying it anyway :)

Unfortunately the stream isn't available anymore but i think the YouTube video is proof enough as D'Andre clearly stated the following:

"No animated jetbridges unfortunately. But - that will soon change according to Aerosoft's Fabian who has reminded us that - or has announced rather - that we'll have sode animated jetbridges soon. The team is working on it..."

He refers to Fabian who was in the chat.

And yeah - it seems to be true that they promised it just to make me buy it ;)

I remember asking about this too in some other thread since I was surprised a huge commercial airport such as EDDF doesn't come with moving jetways.

Despite what has been said here and the absence of comments from Aerosoft I'll keep my fingers crossed we'll have these moving jetways eventually because this is the kind of airport I consider incomplete without them.

vor 1 hour , WebMaximus sagte:

I remember asking about this too in some other thread since I was surprised a huge commercial airport such as EDDF doesn't come with moving jetways.

Despite what has been said here and the absence of comments from Aerosoft I'll keep my fingers crossed we'll have these moving jetways eventually because this is the kind of airport I consider incomplete without them.

I was crossing my fingers, too. I got a final answer to this question from Mathijs - unfortunately there are no plans to inlcude SODE:

• Deputy Sheriffs

The reason why it has been said to discuss it here and no where else is, because the discussion was started in another preview topic where it really don't belong. 

The reason why Mathijs answered there is, because although it was asked a few times to switch over people continued to discuss there.

And if the link wouldn't have been given here afterwards by another user, I would have posted it here. 

No reason to be believe in any conspiracy, because there isn't any. 

vor 1 hour , Tom A320 sagte:

The reason why it has been said to discuss it here and no where else is, because the discussion was started in another preview topic where it really don't belong. 

The reason why Mathijs answered there is, because although it was asked a few times to switch over people continued to discuss there.

And if the link wouldn't have been given here afterwards by another user, I would have posted it here. 

No reason to be believe in any conspiracy, because there isn't any. 

So you answer when a question is out of place, but not when customers asking for it. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
23 minutes ago, Doughnut1621 said:

So you answer when a question is out of place, but not when customers asking for it. 

No, I answer if posts are out of place (in terms of content or location) or if I know the answer!

I am just a moderator here, I do not work for Aerosoft nor do I have any detailed insight into their product management. So I leave those answers to people who simply know more and better, namely Mathijs.

I understand that you would like to have the MAFv2 situation differently, but it is as it is, and it's most definitely not my fault. So I would prefer if you wouldn't direct your anger towards me (with posts like above or down votes).

vor 2 Stunden , Tom A320 sagte:

No, I answer if posts are out of place (in terms of content or location) or if I know the answer!

I am just a moderator here, I do not work for Aerosoft nor do I have any detailed insight into their product management. So I leave those answers to people who simply know more and better, namely Mathijs.

I understand that you would like to have the MAFv2 situation differently, but it is as it is, and it's most definitely not my fault. So I would prefer if you wouldn't direct your anger towards me (with posts like above or down votes).

Fair enough Tom! I think the problem is that customers were waiting for an answer for months (in this topic for example) but nobody from Aerosoft gave an answer yet. So i think it shouldn't be a surprise that customers (like me) are stressing this question in other topics as well.

Another thing that makes me upset is that Mathijs claimed there were no promise to implement SODE and also that it wasn't officially announced by Aerosoft - which simply isn't the truth (as stated above). 

Best regards

• Deputy Sheriffs
10 hours ago, busychild said:

Another thing that makes me upset is that Mathijs claimed there were no promise to implement SODE and also that it wasn't officially announced by Aerosoft - which simply isn't the truth (as stated above). 

As rumours spread that posts have been deleted I spent a little bit of time to search everything together that has been said about EDDF and SODE.

The first statement was (outside of any EDDF topic) at the 25th May as a response to @Doughnut1621

There is no promise in this statement.

One day later was the live stream of D'Andre over at AirDailyX. Fabian of course knew that the German Airports Team was looking into SODE and said in the chat there that it will come. But please keep in mind, that that wasn't said in any official Aerosoft channel, nor has it been repeated there afterwards!

Some time later there were a couple of statements made by Mathijs about SODE: 

That's all. I read more or less everything in this forum. I don't remember having read any other statement that might not be there in the meantime anymore.

Personally, if the main spokes person of a company tells me several times in an official communication channel that there wasn't such promise, I would start to believe it, regardless what I might have heard somewhere else. 

And this is for one simple reason: it reflects reality in terms of what I can expect to come into the product (or not).

From insisting that there was one statement of one Aerosoft employee the situation will not change. 

And yes, I still understand that this is a highly wanted feature (heck, I want to have it myself). I understand your anger, but please take a close look on the second sentence in the last quote of Mathijs. That is not a final no...

EDIT: if anyone of you really feel fooled by Aerosoft because you only bought EDDF because of that promise, I am sure that if you write to Mathijs there will be a solution for that (refund, voucher or what ever)  - note: this as well is no promise but my personal opinion, knowing Mathijs and Aerosoft now for many years.

@Tom A320 Thanks for your answer! I really don't know if there was an offical statement here in the forums (and i'm not trying to say that posts have been deleted as i just don't know it) - i just watched the stream from AirDailyX and there was Fabian telling us that SODE will come and that the developers are already working on it. So my expectation was: SODE is on the road (because Fabian is an employee of Aerosoft and who should know it better?). That's it.

Personally i would have no problem if somebody from Aerosoft would have come to this topic and would have said something like "Hey guys, you were expecting a SODE implementation but this is currently not planned. Unfortunately it was announced by one of our employees but this was simply a mistake! Sorry for that!". All of us would know what happened and everything would be ok (even though i'm still sad about the fact that i've no animated jetbridges) ;) Mistakes can happen!

Thanks again for your answer and i still hope SODE will be implemented some day.

Best regards

Archived