2K Cockpit textures

blahhh

Hi,

I just download the following 2K cockpit textures, but the DXT compression is poor :

This set is pretty better : 

@Emanuel Hagen I would like to darken/recolorize some elements, is you work is open? Is the psd files are available?

Cheers,

Ash.

Hi Ash,

sorry, due to Aerosofts copyright on the files I can not supply you any of the files.

Editing the files is only allowed in order to add the airplanes registration/selcal codes.

Of course nobody will prevent you from changing the files as they are provided in the download for your own use (you are not allowed to upload or share them anywhere though!).

Hi Emanuel.

Yes I understand. I'll convert your dds files.

Anyway thanks for your work, your texture rocks! I sent you a donation :) 

Are you still working on a 4K texture ?

1 hour ago, blahhh said:

Anyway thanks for your work, your texture rocks! I sent you a donation :)

Thank you very much!

1 hour ago, blahhh said:

Are you still working on a 4K texture ?

Not at this moment, I'll have my theoretic ATPL exams next Feb and this requires all my attention at this moment.
I did however ask the community a few months back whether they thought a 4k version would still be necessary after the 2k version.
Fact is, a 4k version would not add any considerable visual quality (at least not in the areas that would be be possible to do in 4k. The back wall with the C/Bs is 4k already and unfortunatly 8k to improve its quality is impossible in FSX/P3D) while adding roughly 600mb VAS load.

We concluded a 2k version would not be worth the efford it would require.

Perhaps things might change in the future, depending on the progress of my flight training :)

12 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Not at this moment, I'll have my theoretic ATPL exams next Feb and this requires all my attention at this moment.

Ahah, good luck :)

12 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Fact is, a 4k version would not add any considerable visual quality (at least not in the areas that would be be possible to do in 4k. The back wall with the C/Bs is 4k already and unfortunatly 8k to improve its quality is impossible in FSX/P3D) while adding roughly 600mb VAS load.

We concluded a 2k version would not be worth the efford it would require.

You're right, the 2k version is enough impressive and I can't see any fps drop.

Archived