NavDataPro Cycle 1611 identical to 1610 ?

hsors

Gentlemen,

Downloaded new released cycle 1611 for PMDG and X-Plane this morning. From a few differences I was aware off from AIPs, seems nothing changed and 1611 is strictly identical to previous one (1610) both for PMDG and X-Plane data

Is it a cache problem I could have on my NavDataPro (1.0.3.4) installer (although it is stipulated update installation overwrite existing NAV-data) or another (server) problem on your side?

Thanks for the support

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, hsors said:

seems nothing changed and 1611 is strictly identical to previous one (1610)

How have you done the compare? Have you used a file compare tool which is capable of a compare on binary level?

As I use Navigraph, so I can't check NavDataPro myself. In Navigraph the files are definitely not identical.

Yes that's finally what I've done since I had some doubts looking at the data (and I always keep a copy of the previous cycle data for security)

For x-plane 

earth_nav_dat file: header

810 Version - Aerosoft NavDataPro  AIRAC cycle    : 1610 Revision       : 1 Valid (from/to): 15/SEP/2016 - 12/OCT/2016

length: 2 173 247 bytes

810 Version - Aerosoft NavDataPro  AIRAC cycle    : 1611 Revision       : 1 Valid (from/to): 13/OCT/2016 - 09/NOV/2016

length: 2 173 247 bytes

and identical on a text editor compare tool

Same for PMDG files

That's for NavDataPro (we are on their forum)

So, sure there is a problem..I presume everybody can see (at least if you have copies of the previous cycle)

I just installed the 1611 v2 cycle, however all installs are still marked with v1 and the "exclamation mark". The downloads in the NavDataPro directory are apparently v2, but the NavDataPro UI shows still v1 (and all cycle-info files are also still showing v1, hence the v1 indication in the UI). Please check again!

Archived