PFD and ND POP-UP

longbreak

Hi. For the A320 I have added a couple of pop-up windows for PFD and ND displays for convenience, like this:
//--------------------------------------------------------
[Window04]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=341,341
position=6
visible=0
ident=500

gauge00=B737_800!pfd_screen,  0,0,341,341
gauge01=Displays!PFD,  30,27,280,280      //made a Displays.cab file for this

[Window05]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=341,341
window_size_ratio=1.000
position=7
visible=0
ident=501

gauge00=B737_800!mfd_screen,  0,0,341,341
gauge01=../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base/Panel_Fallback/ND/AB_ND_GDI!AB_ND_Gauge,  30,27,280,280

The PFD works nicely but the ND only displays everything except the route and just displays a crazy track and distance to an unknown

waypoint about 9000 NM, like a great circle track.

It is not that important but would be nice to get it working.

Something is missing as it is not showing the route like in the main vc panel.

Surprise, just ran this again on FSX and now it displays the route so fault seems intermittent.

However still not showing the same information as the ND in the panel.

Rather it is showing the distance back to the last VOR it found after departure instead of the info to the next waypoint.

Found a solution but it is was under TWEAKING and related to opening windows on multiple monitors but it solved my problem. Solved by ALvaro. Thank you Alvaro!

Just as simple as disabling it in virtual cockpit by commenting the line it's included in panel.cfg.

It seems like the gauge contains some sort of initialization code that prevents it to be loaded twice, as it does when both virtual and 2D cockpits are loaded.

Of course, this workaround makes the gauge unavailable in virtual cockpit, but that's not a big deal.

The gauge is not correctly updated. Don't surprise if you open the panel and there is only a black background. After a while (10-15 seconds) the image will appear. Not a big deal, you could live with that BUT (again) this update lag occurs all the time. Any modification in the ND (mode or range changes) will experiment a random lag between 0 and 10 seconds.

The gauge is not correctly dimensioned. It doesn't matter how much you grow the panel size. The contents will never fill the whole panel. I suspect a implementation problem here: the C code is not taking into account the dimensions specified in the configuration file. It's rendering with a fixed size. Again, no big deal. This is much bette than zooming in under the hood in order to see what's going on.

Please login to display this image.

• 4 weeks later...

Further to this fix I thought to do the same for all the airbus versions and use the same panel fix but the easiest way was to just back up the old panel.cfg in each version and make a new panel.cfg pointing to the A320 as an alias and it works nicely. I had a long hard look at the panel.cfg in each case before this and couldn't see why each version needed a separate panel.cfg pointing to a complete set of gauges just named differently even though the end result looks and feels the same. Just doesn't make sense.

Archived