Sasa

Lukla - Mount Everest - New scenery announcement!

OMG, pictures look so great!   And its so nice it will cover nearby airports....... itll be very appreciated to know more about the area....     Looking forward for release! :)

Work in progress screenshots of Phaplu airport near Lukla. There will be a few more airports with detailed terrain like this.

Preview_November_001.jpg

Preview_November_002.jpg

Nice work!

The last time I was at this runway , it was an unpaved runway, such as turf, dirt or gravel, no signage, no runway marks.

Any recent news or previews to be shared on this one, by any chance?

2 hours ago, Cladiir said:

Any recent news or previews to be shared on this one, by any chance?

No need to ask. When there is, it will be posted here by those that know and as soon as there's news to share.

Ah, thank you Mr. Kok for the very good news indeed !!!  For me the most anticipated scenery release for long times. 

Beside its upcoming release I'm particularly getting to enjoy the "Aerofly FS 2" more and more. The new Lukla and AFS2 would be an awesome fit, and very challenging to fly. 

Alltough AFS2 still lacks of many fligh-sim features, its flight physics are on of the best, really top notch....and the performance of this sim is unmatchable among the various flight sims you can get on market as a home user.

Hence, dear Lukla development team:  Please don't cut down on autogen 😃 !

All the best.

@KBUR71 the first post was in October 2016 ... do not be in a hurry, it's not been a long time ... :dumb_me_s:

vor 13 Stunden , Flavio1 sagte:

@KBUR71 the first post was in October 2016 ... do not be in a hurry, it's not been a long time ... :dumb_me_s:

Well, the Himalaya took over 40 million years to grow to its current size, and it is still growing approximately 1cm per year. 

So, 2 - 3 years of developing this scenery means nothing; even if Aerosoft would take 100 years to create this mountainous - beauty, it's still nothing compared to its real counterpart 😉

I see a downvote in my post,  it must have been a humorouse phrase ... sorry for the misunderstanding  :mecry_s:

On 1/27/2019 at 6:23 AM, KBUR71 said:

Well, the Himalaya took over 40 million years to grow to its current size, and it is still growing approximately 1cm per year.

Mwaaaaahh!!!

That means nothing else than I have to to everything again from scratch! To account for those 2 centimeters in the past two years...

Btw: I was just able to take a quick screenshot of something stalking the Everest Base camp. Didn't catch it in some better quality, I'm afraid...

something2.jpg

vor 5 Stunden , Sasa sagte:

Mwaaaaahh!!!

That means nothing else than I have to to everything again from scratch! To account for those 2 centimeters in the past two years...

Btw: I was just able to take a quick screenshot of something stalking the Everest Base camp. Didn't catch it in some better quality, I'm afraid…

something2.jpg

Hire Yeti as ramp agent for Tenzing Hillary.   He can carry all luggages in one shot. Forget then about GSX. Lol.

vor 17 Stunden , Sasa sagte:

Mwaaaaahh!!!

Btw: I was just able to take a quick screenshot of something stalking the Everest Base camp. Didn't catch it in some better quality, I'm afraid...

something2.jpg

O yesss, Sasa, pleeease!!!....a Yeti-Easteregg somewhere reachable in the scenery would be AWESOME and even a must for AFS2 (reminds me on the funny display near Area 51 - the alien aboard the UFO playing golf :crylaugh_s: ).

And maybe a mountaineer and another yeti on the Mt. Everest Summit alike in the picture below ?

bergsteiger-Bigfoot-Yeti-Reinhold-Messne

(Left guy says: " I'll be blowed, it's the Yeti !"  

Yeti reacts: " Wicked! It's Messner" ).

All the very best.

PS: And yes, Sasa: For every year gone you have to do a himalya - mesh update 😉 !

Quick shot of Tumlingtar, one of the lower detail airports included in the package:

Preview_February_001.jpg

Some previews of the custom made coverage maps that will come with the scenery:

Total coverage area with airports:

Preview_February_002.jpg

Detail levels: In addition to the detailed core area we we created a very large surrounding (=grey) area in lower detail. Yesterday's screenshot of Tumlingtar shows one of the airports in the low detail area.

For the FSX/P3D version we may create a switch to activate/deactivate the grey area in case users prefer a fallback to vector sceneries like FTX Global and others.

Preview_February_003.jpg

Core area with helipads some further details shown on the map:

Preview_February_004.jpg

Sascha I think it is a brilliant idea to give the airport some surrounding, that always was a weak point of the previous version. Can't wait to take-down (runway slopes down right?) from Lukla and land on another airport without ever gaining a single foot.

52 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Sascha I think it is a brilliant idea to give the airport some surrounding, that always was a weak point of the previous version. Can't wait to take-down (runway slopes down right?) from Lukla and land on another airport without ever gaining a single foot.

Ah, you just revealed the scenery's weakest point: Not a single one of those airport runways is flat. :)

I remember using the Dimona to take down from Lukla and landing at another airport without ever starting the engine.

Absolutely amazing work! 

Looking forward to flying around between the airports... 

Now, for planning purposes: How many of them, will take a 747-400? :D

All of them! Unless you plan to step out of the aircraft after landing ;)