Sasa

Lukla - Mount Everest - New scenery announcement!

vor 10 Stunden , Sasa sagte:

Core area with helipads some further details shown on the map:

Preview_February_004.jpg

Ah, wonderful, helipads for this scenery ARE VERY VERY GOOD: But - a little caveat - it will be impossible with AFS2's Robinson R22 to climp above 12.000 ft ;)  .  Well, hopefully a third party payware developer will come around the corner with a more capable one (AFS2) for the new Lukla X soon as possible.

All the best.

13 hours ago, Sasa said:

For the FSX/P3D version we may create a switch to activate/deactivate the grey area in case users prefer a fallback to vector sceneries like FTX Global and others.

Excellent idea: this give users more choice. I guess we will still have to use the Vector configurator as well, when switching, to enable/disable the airports...

10 hours ago, Sasa said:

Ah, you just revealed the scenery's weakest point: Not a single one of those airport runways is flat.

This is not the scenery's weakest point, but the strongest point. Flat runways are boring. I can't wait to land the SIAI Marchetti SF260 with engine off...

11 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As far as I know, the Do228 is the largest scheduled aircraft there.

The LET-410 can carry about the same amount of passengers but is considerably larger than a DO228. It seems to be a very regular visitor there in recent years (one of them unfortunately involved in one of the deadliest accidents). Not sure if there's a good addon of this beauty yet:

nepal-lukla-airport-summit-air-let-l-410

8 hours ago, KBUR71 said:

Ah, wonderful, helipads for this scenery ARE VERY VERY GOOD: But - a little caveat - it will be impossible with AFS2's Robinson R22 to climp above 12.000 ft ;)  .  Well, hopefully a third party payware developer will come around the corner with a more capable one (AFS2) for the new Lukla X soon as possible. 

Yes, but keep in mind that Aerofly FS2 brought out helicopter support just a few weeks ago. I'm positive there will be more options soon.

As or the R22: Performance is OK around Phaplu and Rumjatar. Difficult to handle in Lukla but possible. From Namche Bazaar upwards it's simply impossible to fly if you plan on keeping the altitude where you took off - we certainly need something stronger. But there are some nice helipads around Namche that will let you use the R22 to propel steep into the valley:

Preview_February_005.jpg

I understand that here the Big Star is Lukla (VNLK), followed by some well-known runways. Any additional playground is always welcome.

Excellent work

Two more random shots I took while checking the scenery for the first beta last Thursday:

Preview_February_006.jpg

Preview_February_007.jpg

Oh shit. 1st pic looks like a real picture. I feel immersed like some weeks ago in the CGN preview. Good job Sasa. I am very impressed. Really good job Aerosoft. Go ahead... 

Yes, amazing screenshots.  This will be a spectacular scenery.  I am really stoked that this is being developed for AFS2.  Flying around this scenery in VR will be spectacular.

I just have to say this really looks like the Himalayas.