Recently we have seen a lot of codes used to unlock our products being offered for discounted prices. Almost all of them are bought using stolen credit cards. These codes will all be blocked by our systems and you will have to try to get your money back from the seller, we are unable to assist in these matters. Do be very careful when you see a deal that is almost too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

Sasa

Lukla - Mount Everest - Extreme - Preview

vor 4 Minuten, Sasa sagte:

Read my post again: "which is underway of being constructed this year. "

Ah. Got you. I was thinking of construction in means of software construction. That's cool

Doesn't look like Lukla but we will throw in this simple airport rendition as a free bonus!

The Chinese will start building Tingri Airport north of Mount Everest later this year. Some fascinating info about this airport:

• Construction is planned to commence this year, end of construction planned for 2020.
  • It's just about 65 kilometers north of Mount Everest (Chinese/Tibetan Mount Everest base camp is accessible by road from there).
  • At a whopping altitude of 4320 meters, which will probably put it at the top 3 of world's highest airports. Great for bringing larger jets to their limits - you will need quite a bit of that long runway for takeoff.
  • It will be the first and only airport in the area supporting larger jets - great for heavy iron sightseeing flights to Mt Everest! Most aircraft capable to land in Lukla will not be able to get up to that altitude!
  • Runway of 4500 x 45 meters with parallel taxiway.
  • Note that the exact location, layout and technical details of the airport are approximate until construction is finished.

Preview_March_002.jpg

Airport to bottom right in a moon landscape like valley

Preview_March_003.jpg

Airport at bottom with Mount Everest to the upper left

Preview_March_004.jpg

Apron area

Preview_March_005.jpg

I see coming on the road a new, interesting and complicated approach. ( maybe a RNP AR ).

Thank you very much for all the effort and dedication in this new Scenery , certainly one of the best we will see this year.

Landing a big aircraft at that altitude is something very special. You might need special tires for example because the landing speed might exceed the max speed of the tires.

Nice one, fantastic addition. Here you find the required airbus procedures and two other Chinese high altitude airports.

Hello Sasa,

very nice screenshots 👍.

They are made with P3dv4, I suppose?

So I hope that with FSX the landscape will be much sharper?!?

Most of the images are from AFS2.  

Please keep in mind that sat images of a large (rather huge) area in high resolution are prohibitively expensive these days. Certainly, in FSX, they will not be a lot better as that sim is severely limited in memory and technical details. P3D V4.4 offers some better options.

Took a few shots while flying around the Mount Everest. AFS2 does look great with Lukla installed :) 

Remember, this is a beta so images might not show the final ... well you know ... ;) 

Base Profile Screenshot 2019.03.03 - 20.05.08.05.png

Base Profile Screenshot 2019.03.03 - 20.10.45.00.png

Base Profile Screenshot 2019.03.03 - 20.11.48.69.png

Base Profile Screenshot 2019.03.03 - 20.26.48.92.png

Mr. Kok, thank you for your answer.

vor 3 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Certainly, in FSX, they will not be a lot better as that sim is severely limited in memory and technical details. P3D V4.4 offers some better options.

I'm relating on this (the reason why I asked):

Aerosoft_Forum_190303_problems_P3Dv4_Markierung.thumb.jpg.4d582b7655836878b55fe0962b9cf546.jpg

Sincerely
John Kunde

@Jeroen Doorman Again phantastic shots! 👍 Thank you very much!

9 hours ago, Jeroen Doorman said:

Took a few shots while flying around the Mount Everest. AFS2 does look great with Lukla installed :) 

Remember, this is a beta so images might not show the final ... well you know ... ;) 

[...]

That looks really nice and I'm happy about the scenery when it's ready and released. Beautiful pictures of a beautiful area :)

3 hours ago, John Kunde said:

Yes, but if anything that doesn't exclude FSX (rather the opposite is the case). Aerofly FS2 is currently best as displaying crisp terrain textures (with X-Plane following).

That being said, please not that the shots above are from the bonus area with additional satellite imagery coverage and airports we throw in for free. As shown on the maps a few posts further up those have limited resolution only (Mathijs already mentioned why).

Also the forum software compresses JPEG very much. The final product shows less JPEG compression artifacts of course.

Bests,

Sascha

9 hours ago, John Kunde said:

Aerosoft_Forum_190303_problems_P3Dv4_Markierung.thumb.jpg.4d582b7655836878b55fe0962b9cf546.jpg

Sincerely
John Kunde

@Jeroen Doorman Again phantastic shots! 👍 Thank you very much!

And this post is outdated. With release of P3Dv4.4 the PR textures are much better displayed.

2 hours ago, masterhawk said:

And this post is outdated. With release of P3Dv4.4 the PR textures are much better displayed.

Note that this may also mean that my previous post about not so crisp PR textures may be outdated as well. I will do some further investigation on how P3Dv4.4 performs in comparison to Aerofly FS2.

Yes, my post was before 4.4 came out. Phototextures are working great and look crisp in 4.4 now.

Kind regards, Michael

vor 22 Minuten, pmb sagte:

Yes, my post was before 4.4 came out. Phototextures are working great and look crisp in 4.4 now.

Thank you for your informations! Have you ever compared GB TrueEarth in P3Dv4.4 and XP11?

Kind regards, John

@Sasa Sascha, comparison between FSX, P3Dv4.4 and Aerofly FS2 (relating crisp PR textures) would be very interesting 👍

In FSX please take LOD_Radius = 9.0

38 minutes ago, John Kunde said:

Thank you for your informations! Have you ever compared GB TrueEarth in P3Dv4.4 and XP11?

Kind regards, John

Yes, I have several times. Initially, I had terrible performance and blurries with the Prepar3d version and was about to give up. I found resetting all Nvidia driver settings (global as well as Prepar3d specific) did cure those. Obviously, I lost track of those settings when I tried to fight blurries. Plus, I have to take back the Autogen + Scenery distance slider and shadows.

After doing so, I was surprized to find Prepar3d4.4 comparably crisp to the XP11 version. There are still issues with the Prepar3d version like performance over London or those ugly green roads, but outside of London it works pretty well for me in Prepar3D as well as XP now.

Kind regards, Michael

Some additional detail shots taken in Aerofly FS2 (static aircraft is part of the scenery):

Preview_March_006.jpg

Preview_March_007.jpg

Preview_March_011.jpg

Preview_March_008.jpg

Preview_March_009.jpg

Preview_March_010.jpg

25 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Very nice. I hope the cat is properly animated :lolsign_s:

You don't want her friend to be animated!

Preview_March_012.jpg

vor 11 Stunden , Sasa sagte:

You don't want her friend to be animated!

Preview_March_012.jpg

O Man, sasa, just awesome!!! 

Especially fine details like this, and the "cat on the wall" above, make the difference between a "very good scenery" vs a "outstanding scenery". 

Thank you for bringing alive one of the most beautiful places in the entire world, with such joy and passion for developing it :lol:.

All the best.