Confusion of Gimmick Of Two Drives????

I look at the drives of my new MSI laptop and saw two drives: OS install C: 189 GB free of 237 GB and data D: 913 GB free of 913 GB.  I assume that drive C is SSD drive and drive D is 7,200 rpm drive.

Where am I supposed to install FSX into??  Can I install FSX into drive D that is labeled data?  I know that FSX is going to take about 100 to 150 GB and I do not want to put FSX into drive C: that has OS Install and only 189 GB free. I also plan to install P3D too but do not want it on drive c:

Does your laptop or computer show same arrangement of two drives?

I do not know why MSI puts program files, program files x86 and windows into SSD drive that has only 237 GB instead of into drive D which has 913 GB.

Thanks,

Aharon

You can install it on Data, but then you won't get the benefit of the SSD drive. It'll be slower. You can also install it on the SSD (C:), but it'll be full before you know it.

An alternative is to replace the disk that's currently in there with a new SSD. Then you got plenty of SSD disk space to install FSX on.

Archived