Bought New Laptop After A Month Of Searching For Perfect One

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

I have not been flying on FSX for almost a month because my current 4 or 5 year old laptop's FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2 is no longer working due to some stupid D3D11.DLL error and there is something screwed up in Windows 7 in my four or five year old laptop which is working fine and very fast in all other softwares. FSX and IE are the only things that are not working in my laptop that passed all scan tests and diagnostic tests with flying colors meaning that there is something wrong with some Windows files that prevent FSX and IE from operating. Thank God for Firefox and Chrome!!  There is nothing wrong with my old laptop that is in mint condition doing superb job in all aspects of computing operations and all softwares in blazing speed manner with excellent low memory usage thanks to plenty 16 GB ram.

I bought new computer. It is 2.6-3.5 GHz Intel Core i7-6700HQ Quad-Core Skylake sixth generation, 16GB ram, 6 GB dedicated Nivida GT1080 video ram, 1 TB hard drive at 7,200 rpm, 260 GB SSD hard drive, internal DVD drive, and 15.6 inch screen. Will take me quite time to install FSX and all add-ons!!

So I will spend next 2 or 3 weeks modifying my new laptop to meet my specific needs and then re-installing all application softwares such as Microsoft Office, Photoshop, etc etc etc.  And then re-installing FSX with SP1 and SP2, Squawkbox 4, fruip (spelling), FSCARS, freeware add-ons, and payware add-ons.

So the timetable for returning to active duty of FSX flying is probably in 2 or 3 weeks depending how fast I can work on getting my new laptop ready with all modifications and installations which can be headache for me.

Installing Norton Internet Security
Installing Firefox
Installing Paint Shop Photo Professional X4 Ultimate
Installing Photoshop CS 5.1
Installing Jpegcrops
Installing Image Resizer 4
Installing WinRAR
Installing Microsoft Office Professional
Installing FSX
Installing SP1 and SP2
Installing BluePrint Stimulation KIAD and TJSJ sceneries
Installing FlyTampa TNCM (could be problem as I lost installation serial code)
Installing FlyTampa CYUL Montreal
Installing FlyTampa KTPA Tampa
Installing France VFR Antilles Collection (could be problem as I lost insallation serial code)
Installing FSCARS
Installing Sqwkbox 4.0
Installing FSCIPP
Next step is installing 50 GB worth of freeware add-on planes by POSKY, Overland, IDGF, Project Airbus, Vistaliners, Project Fokker, Skyspirit 2010, Skyspirit 2011, Skyspirit 2012, and many freeware aircraft companies including CalClassics propeller ones by Jahn
Installing Tropical Sims MVPB, TNCC, TNCA, TNCB, and few Caribbean airport sceneries
Installing SimGiants Gran Canania
Installing UK2000's Edinburgh Ulitimate, London City X Ultimate, and Heathrow X Ultimate
Installing Sunjet KPHL Philadelphia
Installing CYQB Quebec City
Installing CYVJ Victoria
Installing World of AI and many airline packages
Installing all freeware airports in my native country Israel
Installing Captain Sims 727-100/200/200F, 757-200, 757-300, 757-200F, and all versions of C-130
Installing Caribbean Sea Planes and Caribbean Sea Planes West
Installing many many many freeware airport sceneries.
Installing Aerosoft Maldives X, Gibraltar X and Anchorage X sceneries
Installing all Taxi2Gate Caribbean airports and KMCO sceneries
Installing Drzewiecki Design KLGA scenery
Installing Latin VFR KSAN Diego airport, KMIA Miami airport, TTPP, TTCP, and MKJS sceneries
Installing Vitaria C-17 Globemaster and Vulcan bomber
Installing Area51 C-5 Galaxy
Installing some PacSim payware airport sceneries

Plan to buy:

Aerosoft Fairbanks X, Aerosoft Olso X, Aerosoft Helsinki airports (maybe LLBG scenery if system requirements are reasonable)
Taxi2gate KSEA Seattle airport
Oxyb  PAJN Juneau and PAKT Ketchian airports

Too much work for me!!!!

Regards,

Aharon

WD Elements back up 1TB pocket size drive is AWESOME. It averages 45 seconds per 1 GB of transfer of files from old laptop to this backup drive so that I can put into new laptop.

Look at 75 GB worth of add on planes WHOA I am afraid to find out how much GB worth for airport sceneries needed to be transferred!!

God help me!!

Please login to display this image.

Regards,

Aharon

Two days after the purchase of my new laptop, I finally opened the package and unpacked the laptop, plugging it into A/C, and turned it on only to experience most bizarre thing I have seen in computing world!!!

In past years, whenever I bought new laptops or computers for myself or for my mom or for offices for my bosses, I always completed registrations of new computers or new laptops by two methods: old fashioned snail mailing of registration paperwork by post office which was common years ago or online registration of new items which is common in present day.

However, this time regarding my new laptop during online registration, the registration process demanded photocopy of store receipt for proof of purchase of new laptop!!! FIRST TIME in my life I ever seen registration process of new computing item that requires photocopy of store receipt as proof of purchase!!

WOW WOW WOW

Archived